During the cold season, pharmacy windows are full of tools that guarantee cough and sore throat. Their range is huge, to choose something really effective is quite difficult. Most pharmaceutical preparations contain artificial additives - dyes, sweeteners, flavors, which do not always have a positive effect on the state of an already weakened organism. There is an alternative - homemade cough drops, natural and effective. A medicine that will appeal to both adults and children.
Recipe for home remedies
To make homemade cough drops, you will need:
- Strong hibiscus tea;
- Ginger and other spices;
- Brown sugar.
The composition of the carcade includes substances that have a beneficial effect on the sore throat, have antibacterial and antiseptic effect.
The complex effect of the components helps not only to cure the cough, but also to soothe the sore throat, eliminate scratchy, prevent the reproduction of the pathological flora that caused the disease.
- ½ tbsp. saturated karkade broth (or other medicinal broth);
- 1 ½ tbsp. Sahara;
- ½ lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. honey;
- Aromatic ingredients - ginger, mint, echinacea, anise, turmeric, eucalyptus. Herbs can be replaced with 1-2 drops of essential oils;
- ½ tsp powdered sugar
- Spices (for ½ tsp., Ginger grate on a fine grater) pour 0.2 liters of boiling water. Add 1 tbsp. l karkade and leave for 30 minutes;
- Strain the rest in the enameled saucepan with a thick bottom, put on a slow fire (you can use a water bath, but it will take more time). Trickle, stirring constantly (this is very important!), Add sugar. Boil until thickening syrup and caramel formation. You can check the readiness with the help of a wooden stick: a drop that has fallen from the stick on a plate should harden in a few seconds without losing its shape. If the mass is not added, it will stick to the teeth;
- Add essential oils, lemon juice, honey to the prepared mass;
- Put the caramel mass in the molds or on the parchment for baking, let it harden;
- Ready candies sprinkled with a thin layer of powdered sugar.
Storage and use
Ready candy can be wrapped in baking paper or poured into a tin of candy. With pain and sore throat, cough, dissolve one lozenge every hour. Candies can be given to children over 5 years old.
Homemade medicine does not contain chemical dyes, artificial additives, so safe and effective, tasty and healthy.