The heart pumps blood, reducing the atria and ventricles, sending it under pressure to organs and tissues. Heart rate may vary, depending on the state of the body, physical and mental stress, but normally, the intervals between contractions of the heart muscle remain equal. If a failure occurs, an arrhythmia occurs. How to treat cardiac arrhythmia, including, at home, will be discussed below.
What you will find in this article:
Types of arrhythmias
The reasons why the heart rhythm is disturbed are somehow related to internal diseases and pathologies of the cardiovascular system:
- Heart defects
- Heart failure
- Lung pathology
- Myocardial infarction
- Intoxication of the body
Tachycardia. Under tachycardia understand the increase in the number of contractions of the heart, exceeding the norm (more than 90 per minute). The pulse can increase to 20-230 beats per minute.
–состояние, противоположное тахикардии, при котором частота пульса снижается по каким-либо причинам. Bradycardia is the opposite of tachycardia, in which the pulse rate decreases for any reason. In some pathological conditions, the heart may contract with a frequency of less than 40 beats per minute.
— состояние, при котором сердце сокращается хаотически, то ускоряя, то замедляя темп, нет четких промежутков между ударами. Atrial fibrillation is a condition in which the heart contracts chaotically, either by speeding up or by slowing down the pace, there are no clear intervals between beats.
One type of atrial fibrillation is paroxysmal, in which there is tachycardia, characterized by a clear rhythm.
— сбой сердечного ритма, при котором возникают группы толчков сердца или его отдельных частей. Extrasystole - failure of the heart rhythm, in which there are groups of pushes of the heart or its individual parts. Such arrhythmia occurs even in healthy people and is recorded frequently.
There is a feeling that the heart stops, after which suddenly begins to pound with a vengeance, not enough air.
- Atrioventricular arrhythmia
In some cases, combined sinus and extrasystolic rhythm, then we are talking about parasystole.
What is dangerous arrhythmia?
Violation of the heart rhythm provokes disorders that can lead to serious consequences.
- Atrial fibrillation is fraught with congestion of blood in the atria, followed by thrombus formation. The result of such a failure can be a stroke. The attack may develop on the background of chronic hypertension, acquired heart disease, hyperthyroidism.
- Paroxysmal arrhythmia is dangerous by impaired blood supply to internal organs and tissues, including the heart, until it stops. The likelihood of paroxysms increases with age, in older people, against the background of genetic abnormalities of the heart and blood vessels, thyroid dysfunction.
- Bradycardia may be the first symptom of a heart attack that started, especially if it appeared suddenly. In this case, you should immediately seek medical help!
Before talking about medications and methods of treating heart rhythm disorders, it is necessary to pay attention to the fact that self-treatment and self-diagnosis are by no means acceptable. Each specific case requires careful examination and prescription of a cardiologist. They depend not only on the type of arrhythmia, but also on the reasons for it.
The overall picture consists of the following components:
- Since the blood accumulates in parts of the heart in violation of rhythm, the risk of blood clots is greatly increased. In this regard, patients prescribed drugs that thin the blood. These include aspirin, warfarin and others. The dosage and frequency of admission is selected by the doctor. Similar properties have food: garlic, ginger, grapes, apples, cranberries. Dairy products, legumes, eggs, nuts contribute to thrombosis.
- Tablets that promote the healing of the heart muscle. They protect cells of a myocardium from a lack of oxygen, restoring them. This group includes ATP, riboxin and similar drugs. For prevention it is necessary to eat pumpkin seeds, honey, dried fruits, keep weight under control.
- назначенных кардиологом. Reception of antiarrhythmic drugs prescribed by a cardiologist.
Sodium channel blockers : lidocaine, quinidine, propafenone. Reduce heart rate, reduce the excitability of cell membranes of the heart muscle, strengthen them;
Beta-blockers: reduce heart rate, arresting the substance that provoked its increase. These include metoprolol, anaprilin, nebillet, concourse and others. Drugs of the new generation (for example, nebillet) have a prolonged effect - the medicine has a cumulative effect, it is enough to take it once a day;
Calcium channel blockers - verapamil, diltiazem regulate the transport of ions responsible for the contractile function of the heart muscle.
Assigning a comprehensive treatment with medicines, the doctor correlates the doses, the interaction of drugs with each other, the possible side effects. Self-medication can aggravate the situation, and not bring the desired relief.
Additionally, you may need to consult an endocrinologist, pulmonologist, gynecologist. Taking the medication, the patient gets the opportunity to lead a normal life, making allowance for additional walks, a balanced diet, rejection of bad habits, weight control.
However, if the drug measures do not have the desired effect, in some cases hospital treatment is indicated for patients with arrhythmia, possibly surgical intervention.
Modern methods allow for minimally invasive surgical interventions that shorten the rehabilitation period without requiring a long hospital stay.
- One of the most popular minimally invasive methods is radiofrequency ablation. The cardiac surgeon inserts a catheter through a small incision and makes cauterization of certain groups of cells due to the failure of the heart rhythm. Ablation allows you to restore the work of the heart, the patient leaves the medical facility after a few days.
- A pacemaker implanted in the tissue of the heart delivers electrical impulses to the atrium and ventricle, then it is a sinus node that conducts the heart system. On average, a pacemaker ensures the normal functioning of the heart for ten years. For implantation, it is necessary to make an incision, 4-5 cm long, the operation is performed under local anesthesia.
- If there is a risk of sudden cardiac arrest and it is about prolongation of life, then a pacemaker is inserted into the body - a defibrillator. He controls the rhythm and heart rate, and the same is able to "start" the heart in case of a sudden stop.
Reviews of surgical methods of monitoring heart rate are positive and life-affirming, but such treatment is an extreme measure, first of all, the doctor tries to prescribe medications.
How to treat heart arrhythmia folk remedies
In the treatment of arrhythmias come to the aid of recipes of traditional medicine. It should be understood that herbal treatment does not eliminate the need to visit the doctor and implement his recommendations in full.
- In the case of cardiac arrhythmias, it is useful to prepare an infusion of cornflower flowers for treatment. A couple of tsp flowers brew a glass of boiling water, insist, drain. Take ¼ cup 3 times a day ten minutes before meals.
- Pour 1.sl. motherwort grass with a glass of water at room temperature, insist 8 hours. Take during the day.
- Brew 1.s.l. motherwort with a glass of boiling water, insist 2 hours. Take a glass for half an hour before meals.
- Juice of black currant berries , used in a third of a glass three times a day, helps in the restoration and treatment of heart rhythm.
- Berry berries not only strengthen and normalize the nerve conduction of the heart muscle, but also counteract atherosclerosis, relieve vascular spasm, reduce the risk of blood clots, thin the blood.
- Grind 1ch. strawberry leaves, brew a glass of boiling water, insist hour. Take 1 glass before breakfast for two months for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, atherosclerosis, hypertension, angina pectoris.
- Insist 100g of white willow blossoms in 0.5 liters of vodka, strain after a month. Take 30 drops of arrhythmia and tachycardia for 30 days before meals, adding a little water.
- Get the juice of 2-3 leaves of golden whiskers , add 250g of honey, three pp. lemon juice. Take a mixture of 1.l. twice a day half an hour before meals for 10 days.
- Crush the walnut partitions , fill the glass container, top up with vodka and leave for two weeks. Take 30 drops of tincture once a day with water, to treat arrhythmias, heart pain, shortness of breath.
- 3 tbsp. Wash viburnum berries and pour 2 liters of boiling water, close the lid, leave overnight. Strain the berries - squeeze out, add 0.5 liters of honey to the infusion. Take 1/3 of Art. on an empty stomach in the morning and evening. Course duration - a month. Store medicine in the refrigerator. It is recommended to repeat the course after a ten-day break;
- 1 tsp. calendula flowers pour 0.2 l of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 2 hours, strain, squeeze the flowers, bring boiled water to the original volume. Take on ½ tbsp. 3-4 times a day before meals.
Treatment of arrhythmia hawthorn
- Hawthorn leaf decoction: 1 tbsp. l dried leaves pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 30 minutes, filter, take 0.2 liters three times a day after meals. Course duration - 4 weeks;
- 2 tbsp. l hawthorn berries (dry) pour 1 liter of boiling water, simmer over low heat, not allowing to boil out, 20 minutes, add a whole glass of dry rosehip berries, keep on fire for 15 minutes. Closing the lid, the infusion is infused for 24 hours, filtered, taken on an empty stomach three times a day, 2 tbsp. l Ready broth is stored in the refrigerator. The course of treatment is 15 days, after a ten-day break, the treatment is repeated.
Folk treatment of arrhythmia lemons
Промыть 200г кураги, обдать кипятком, пропустить через мясорубку. Recipe 1. Rinse 200g dried apricots, rinse with boiling water, skip through a meat grinder. Wash 30g of raisins, chop them together with 50g of peeled walnuts. Get the juice of one lemon, add 100-150g of honey. All components mix. The remedy for arrhythmia is ready in three hours. Take 2.l. after breakfast for a month.
Вымыть 5 лимонов, порезать, удалить косточки, пропустить через мясорубку. Recipe 2. Wash 5 lemons, cut, remove bones, mince. Add 30 crushed apricot kernels, 300g of honey. Mix thoroughly, wait at room temperature for 8-10 hours. Keep refrigerated. Take 1.l. after breakfast and dinner.
Смешать по 100мл лимонного, морковного, яблочного соков с 130мл апельсинового сока. Recipe 3. Mix 100ml of lemon, carrot, apple juice with 130ml of orange juice. Take half a cup of the mixture twice a day for two weeks.
Arrhythmia in children
Heart rhythm disorder in children is quite common. The disease can provoke:
- Congenital heart defects
- Acquired heart disease
- Heart surgery
- Tumors, injuries of the heart
- Transferred diseases (tonsillitis, pneumonia, rheumatism, bronchitis, sepsis, diphtheria)
- Pathology of pregnancy (prematurity, intrauterine growth retardation, malnutrition)
- Vegetative dystonia
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Blood diseases
The treatment of pediatric arrhythmias is always prescribed by a doctor! Parents should ensure compliance with the daily routine, proper rest and sleep, reduce physical and mental stress.
Often, arrhythmia in adults develops on the background of a lifestyle that includes constant mental and physical overload, fast food, and bad habits.
For prophylaxis, one should adhere to not complicated rules:
- Control body weight
- Eat a balanced diet, including in the diet foods rich in vitamin C, vegetables, fruits, berries, greens, dried fruits;
- Stop smoking, minimize alcoholic beverages (with the diagnosis made - delete completely);
- Avoid stressful situations, negative moments;
- Sleep should be at least 7-8 hours
If not treated
An arrhythmia without treatment threatens with severe complications:
- The weakening and wear of the myocardium, the muscle that feeds the heart;
- Insufficient nutrition of the internal organs of the brain due to the weakening of the pumping function of the heart;
- Risk of blood clots and blockage of blood vessels
Arrhythmia can occur against the background of complete health, as a response to severe physical exertion, nervous exhaustion, and internal disease. Sudden signs, a sharp deterioration of the condition require an immediate call to the ambulance brigade. With repeated attacks, it is necessary to examine and prescribe treatment, since the complications of arrhythmia can be fatal.