Disruption of metabolic processes in the body, leading to an increase in cholesterol levels in the bile, leads to the formation of dense formations in the gallbladder. How to dissolve gallstones and whether to do it at home?
What you will find in this article:
Why do gallstones form?
Bile, synthesized by the liver, accumulates in the natural reservoir, gall bladder, and as needed enters the bile ducts into the intestine.
As a result of disturbances of metabolic processes in the gallbladder, calculi form, irritating the walls of the bladder and threatening to block the lumen of the duct.
To the formation of stones in the gallbladder, women tend to more men, especially full, with fair skin and hair.
Types of gallstones
The formation of seals leads to stagnation of bile and an imbalance of cholesterol and bilirubin.
- Cholesterol stones - the result of changes in the chemical composition of bile. If it increases the amount of cholesterol and decreases, respectively, the amount of fatty acids, the result is a dense formation - cholesterol calculi. In the normal state of acid dissolve cholesterol, when they are deficient, an excess of cholesterol precipitates in the form of crystals. Factors that contribute to the formation of cholesterol stones:
- Fat Food Abuse
- Rapid weight loss as a result of a rigid diet.
- Pigment bilirubin stones are formed by bilirubin in combination with calcinates.
- Black stones, small, dense, with a rough uneven surface, are formed in people with cirrhosis of the liver, hemolytic anemia.
- Brown stones are soft, easily destroyed, they consist of mucus and cholesterol. They are formed in the bile ducts.
- The predominance of calcium salts makes stones insoluble in bile acids. Such stones are allocated in a separate group - limestone.
- Cholesterol, bile acids, bilirubin, inorganic salts, protein, glycoproteins are secreted in mixed stones . They can have various sizes and a form, meet, mainly, at elderly people.
Factors contributing to the formation of stones in the liver
- Improper diet with lots of fatty foods, cholesterol, protein foods (offal, egg yolk, caviar, hard cheese, sugar, flour, sweets, animal fats);
- Prolonged fasting , a diet with very strict restrictions, refusal of breakfast, breaks between meals for 15 hours or more, food low in fat;
- Overweight, obesity;
- Heredity - genetic predisposition increases the risk of gallstones 2-3 times;
- Sedentary, sedentary lifestyle;
- Frequent pregnancy and childbirth;
- Liver disease;
- Resection of the stomach and intestines;
- Hormone therapy, taking contraceptive hormones with estrogen
Symptoms of gallstone disease
In the course of the disease there are several stages:
- The initial one is characterized by a change in the chemical composition of bile, which is determined using a biochemical blood test. At this stage there are no concrements in the gall bladder;
- The formation of stones: they do not appear symptomatically, but with the help of instrumental methods they can already be detected;
- Stage of clinical manifestations. The formed stones make themselves felt alongside a number of signs.
Signs of gallstones:
- The movement of stones, especially if the stones are large, causes sharp bouts of pain - liver cramps. The pain can be given in the right arm, shoulder blade, lower back. Sometimes attacks of pain spread beyond the sternum, causing suspicion of an attack of angina pectoris;
- Jaundice - staining of the skin, sclera of the eyes in yellow;
- Pain in the right hypochondrium, of various strengths, can sometimes be triggered by eating fatty foods;
- There may be an increase in body temperature, a general deterioration of the condition;
- Single vomiting may occur
Diagnose the disease using ultrasound.
Treatment of gallstone disease without surgery
Dissolving stones with medicinal drugs, litholytic therapy, is indicated only in cases where the stones are of cholesterol origin.
Low levels of fatty acids do not allow the gallbladder to fully dissolve cholesterol. Therefore, drugs that compensate for the shortage of fatty acids come to the rescue. In addition to the cholesterol nature, the stones should be small in size, up to 15 mm in diameter, fill a volume not exceeding half the gallbladder. The excretory ducts should not be blocked, and the gallbladder should have good contractility so that the stagnation of bile does not stimulate the formation of new stones.
- Ursosan is a drug based on ursodeoxycholic acid, which is a natural component of human bile. Providing a protective effect, the acid stimulates the flow of bile, lowers cholesterol synthesis and reduces its content in bile. The drug can reduce the tendency of bile to the formation of calculi, increase the activity of lipase, the secretion of gastric juice and pancreatic secretions. The analogues of Urosan are Ursohol, Ursofalk. Ursosan is available in the form of capsules in a white opaque gelatin shell. Inside the capsule is a white crystalline powder. The daily dose (10 mg per kilogram of body weight) is drunk at night with a glass of water. For the complete dissolution of stones requires a long course, sometimes lasting several years. Intake of drugs should be permanent. Whether it was possible to remove the stones from the gallbladder without surgery, ultrasound will show. However, even after complete dissolution of cholesterol stones, prophylactic administration of Urosan is required for 2-3 months.
- The drug Henohol and its analogues - Henosan, Henofalk as a working component contain henodesoxycholic acid. It is the primary bile acid, which is formed during the oxidation of cholesterol. Preparations are produced in the form of capsules, absorbed in the intestine, interacting with amino acids. Reception is divided into morning and evening, the duration of the course - from six months to a year. Women of reproductive age during treatment with chenodesoxycholic acid should be protected from pregnancy.
If a patient is diagnosed with bilirubin or mixed stones, then the removal is indicated by surgery.
Can I do without pills?
Folk remedies will tell you how to replace drug therapy.
- Beet broth. Large beets are peeled, washed, cut into bars and boiled until beet juice thickens to a state of syrup. Broth drink three times a day, on an empty stomach, 100 ml.
- Chop fresh (frozen, dried) dill. 2 tbsp. l raw materials pour 0.4 liters of boiling water, insist about half an hour. Press down, take three times a day in equal portions on an empty stomach. Before use, the infusion is heated. After three weeks of administration, it is recommended to do an ultrasound scan to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Herb collection: dill seeds (3 tbsp. L), dried marsh (2 tbsp. L.), Chamomile (2 tbsp.), Calendula flowers (3 tbsp. L.), Yarrow leaves (2 tbsp. L .), plantain leaves (1 tbsp. l.) mix, take 2 tbsp. l., pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist, after half an hour, strain. Take 0.1 l three times a day on an empty stomach. The course duration is 1 month, then it is recommended to take a break of 3 weeks and repeat the treatment.
- Treatment with soda should be started gradually, with small doses. 1/5 tsp baking soda is dissolved in 0.2 l of hot water or milk, allowed to cool a little and drink in small sips in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. Course duration may be several months. Each week, the amount of soda is increased, bringing to ½ tsp.
- Dissolve 2 g of mummy in warm boiled water (1 l), take 0.2 l three times a day 30-40 minutes before meals. The course duration is 10 days, then it is necessary to take a three-day break and repeat the treatment.
- Mix black radish juice in equal proportions with honey, take 1/3-½ tbsp. on an empty stomach in the morning and evening. The composition has a positive effect on the health of blood vessels, prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, lowers blood pressure.
- 2 tbsp. l dried birch leaves pour 0.2 liters of water. Boil until the liquid volume is halved. Cool, strain, drink in the morning and in the evening (prepare fresh broth) for three months.
- Red Rowan berries are eaten in pure form or with a small amount of honey. Substances contained in the berry pulp, soften gallstones.
- Mix 2 tbsp. l leaves of black currant and echinacea. Place in a thermos, pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist 2 hours. Strain, bring the volume of liquid to 1 liter with boiled water. Take on ½ tbsp. three to four times a day for six months.
Contributes to the dissolution of gallstones BAA Ziflan. The immortelle extract, which is part, stimulates bile secretion, normalizes the composition of bile. Thanks to the intake, cholesterol levels are reduced, stones are dissolved and new ones are not formed. During the year it may take several courses with breaks between them. The duration of treatment prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient's condition.
A person can live a lifetime without knowing that stones have formed in the gallbladder. But if the disease causes discomfort, causes pain, then it must be treated. Treatment should be supervised by a specialist, making independent decisions can lead to a dramatic release of stones, blockage of ducts and even their rupture. Self-treatment of gallstone disease is not acceptable.