Adverse environmental conditions, stress, physical exertion, age-related changes leave their mark on eye health. How to improve vision at home, what preventive measures to use to avoid surgery?
What you will find in this article:
Negative factors affecting visual acuity
Modern man is surrounded by an abundance of gadgets, not the best way to affect the eyes. Radiation of TV monitors, computer, mobile phone, reading e-books, coupled with unhealthy nutrition “on the run”, deficiency of vitamins and microelements necessary for eye health, cause significant harm. Alcohol and cigarettes lead to a narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels, worsening the nutrition of the eyes, diseases of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system also contribute to it.
How to restore vision on their own
Unfortunately, there is no “magic pill” that allows you to return perfect vision in a short time, but complex therapy, compliance with the rules, lifestyle changes and some effort over yourself will give a noticeable result.
It is necessary:
- adjust nutrition by enriching the diet with foods rich in carotenoids, lutein, vitamins, minerals, amino acids;
- alternate the load of the eyes with the rest, observe the daily regimen;
- do not neglect gymnastics for the eyes;
- It is prudent to combine drugs (as prescribed by the doctor) and traditional medicine.
Ways to restore vision in myopia
Myopia is a disease in which the image of objects in sight, is formed in front of the retina. Thus, a person suffering from myopia, well sees objects located in close proximity and hardly distinguishes what is far from him. People with myopia are recommended:
- to combine work at the computer with rest, short breaks are necessary, giving rest to eyes;
- shows gymnastics for the eyes. Stress will remove a simple exercise — shifting the gaze from a point located a meter away from the eyes on objects in the distance and back;
- The diet should be rich in foods that contain vitamins of “sight” - carrots, blueberries, parsley.
How to help eyes with farsightedness
Hyperopia, as opposed to myopia, allows you to see objects well in the distance, but near the clarity is lost, the contours are blurred, and there is a desire to carry the book, the newspaper away from the eyes. Age-sightedness is the lot of every person. In order to delay its advance or slow down the process, it is necessary:
- reduce the amount of sugar in the diet, give up coffee and alcohol;
- focus on eating foods rich in potassium and increase the amount of vitamin A, ascorbic acid, walnuts;
- It is useful to look from distant objects to close ones and back, to make rotational movements with eyes.
How to help a child
Methods of restoring vision in childhood are based on the same principles as in adults: controlling the amount of time spent at the computer or TV screen, correct writing posture, balanced nutrition, vitamins, eye exercises (for kids it can be done in playful form). Useful walks in the fresh air. Children quickly get used to observance of simple rules and gladly adhere to them.
Bates vision restoration technique
Is it possible to achieve a significant improvement in vision by yourself? The palming technique guarantees excellent results in a short time. To perform it you need:
- Starting position - sitting, elbows rest on the table (put a small flat pad under the elbows), back straight;
- Shake hands several times and rub against each other to relieve tension;
- Palms folded "boat" and put on the eyes - little fingers on the nose, the base of the hands - on the cheekbones. Eyes closed;
- Open and close your eyes several times, strain your eyesight, then relax. Exercise is performed for two or three minutes, you can repeat several times a day.
How to relieve stress from the eyes
- Starting position - sitting. Take a deep breath, then inhale the air, at the same time tighten the eyes and tighten the muscles of the face and neck. After 4-5 seconds, open your eyes and exhale air with a noise. Repeat 10 times.
- Close your eyes and massage the area under the eyebrows and eyes from the bridge of the nose to the temples with light movements of the finger pads.
- Rotate the eyeballs left and right (eyes closed).
- To translate the glance up-down-left-right, without moving his head.
- Perform movements of the eyeballs on the diagonal, "write eight" look.
- Frequent blinking, squinting of the eyes moisturizes the eyeball, enhances blood microcirculation and relieves tension.
Gymnastics for the eyes is recommended to complete the execution of the technique of Bates. Exercises are useful for those who already wear glasses, and for those who are shown to prevent visual acuity.
Dryness of the eye membranes, the feeling of the presence of a foreign body, tearing and reduced vision can be caused by external factors - dry air and high temperature in the room, air conditioning, dust, makeup, air pollution.
To moisturize the cornea, it is recommended to use drops that also have anti-inflammatory and healing effects. Such drugs include, for example, sylavite.
Atropine has an anti-inflammatory effect, it is prescribed for injuries and spasms of the blood vessels of the eye. Aevit normalizes metabolic processes, improves blood circulation, participates in the formation of visual enzymes. Nicotinic and ascorbic acids are useful, vitamin R. Trental improves blood circulation and nutrition in the retina. Halidor has a spasmolytic and vasodilating effect. In some cases, a good result in ophthalmology is the use of biogenic stimulants, for example, an extract of human placenta.
Those who want to live without glasses should be present in the diet:
- vitamin A - carrots, sweet peppers, spinach, broccoli, blueberries, apples, liver, yolks, butter, cream, fish oil;
- vitamins of group B, ascorbic acid - vegetables, fruits, offal, whole-grain bread, dairy products;
- vitamin E - legumes, wheat germ;
- unsaturated fatty acids - fish, fish oil, caviar;
- selenium - seafood, bran, rice, mushrooms, corn, onions, garlic;
- Zinc - beef, tongue, liver, seafood, nuts, dried fruits, cereals.
Contrast baths with warm and cool water are useful for eyes. In the tank you need to dip the face and blink under water 10-15 times. If this is not possible, you can alternate cold and warm compresses on the eyes.
Recipes of traditional medicine
Folk remedies are aimed at restoring vision, but before using them in your arsenal, you need to make sure that the body does not react to the components of medicines with an allergic reaction.
- Freshly squeezed blueberry juice mixed with distilled (filtered) water in a ratio of 1: 2 and instilled into each eye 1 drop twice a day;
- 3-4 large leaves of aloe release from the thorns and chop. Add 3 tbsp. l eyebright, 3 tbsp. l Cornflower blue flowers. Pour the ingredients in a bottle of dry red wine and add 0.6 liters of honey. The mixture is placed in a dry dark place for three days, then mix and simmer for 1 h in a water bath. To store the cooled mix in the refrigerator, to accept daily on 1 h. L. three times daily before meals;
- 0.2 l fresh carrot juice mixed with 1 tsp. honey - a daily dose for anyone who seeks to restore vision;
- a bunch of parsley, rinse, chop, mix with 1 tsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. honey Take in the morning on an empty stomach and 1 tbsp. l
If, despite the measures taken, vision deteriorates, there is pain, discomfort, “sand” in the eyes, you should consult a specialist.