Many women are familiar with the problems that are associated with the deformation of the foot. What makes the bone sticking out on the thumb? How to prevent the development of valgus foot and how to deal with it?
What you will find in this article:
Why does a bone grow on the leg?
The big toe forms two components: the bones of the phalanx and the metatarsal bone. Normally, in a healthy person, the junction of the metatarsus and phalanges is barely noticeable. But when a deformity of the foot occurs, the angle between the bones increases, the joint protrudes outward, forming an unattractive growth, called a “bone”.
Factors contributing to valgus deformity of the foot:
- . Heredity . Scientists have shown that women who have problems with their feet on the maternal line have a 5-times higher probability of forming a “bone” than women with uncomplicated genetics;
- на высоком каблуке. Uncomfortable, narrow shoes with high heels. When walking in such shoes or boots, the load on the ligaments and muscles is not properly distributed, as a result of which they will atrophy, sagging arches, and the foot flattens;
- создает дополнительную нагрузку на стопы, нагружает мышцы, приводит к вальгусной деформации; Excess weight creates an additional load on the foot, loads the muscles, leads to valgus deformity;
- , хрящевой ткани, делающие невозможным нормальное функционирование связочного аппарата Diseases of the joints , cartilage tissue, making impossible the normal functioning of the ligamentous apparatus
In a normal healthy foot, there are transverse and longitudinal arches. Longitudinal outlines the inner edge of the foot, and the transverse passes under the base of the toes. Being a kind of natural shock absorbers, the arches make the gait smooth, soften the shaking.
If a woman is wearing narrow shoes on the "heel", the foot for a long time is in a physiologically wrong position. Changes occur, bones, joints, ligaments weaken and can not perform their functions. An ugly "bump" will grow on your leg.
Valgus deformity of the foot: symptoms
- In the early stages of the disease, when the joint is not given out strongly, the patient may be disturbed by discomfort, pain in the area of the thumb. The pain increases with prolonged physical exertion;
- A progressive disease is visualized externally, the foot becomes flat, the bone bulges toward the second leg. Cosmetic defect does not allow a woman to wear stylish shoes, you have to give preference to wide moccasins or home slippers.
Deformation of varying degrees
Deformation is expressed to a greater or lesser extent. Assess the state of the angle between:
- metatarsal bones of the first and second toes;
- metatarsal bone and phalanx of the first finger
Depending on these indicators allocate:
- показатель 1 – менее 12 градусов, показатель 2 – до 25 градусов; For the first degree, the indicator 1 is less than 12 degrees, the indicator 2 is up to 25 degrees;
- показатель 1 не превышает 18 градусов, показатель 2 – более 25 градусов; For the second degree, the indicator 1 does not exceed 18 degrees, the indicator 2 - more than 25 degrees;
- показатель 1 – превышает 18 градусов, показатель 2 – свыше 35 градусов At the third degree, the indicator 1 - exceeds 18 degrees, the indicator 2 - over 35 degrees
Estimate the ratio of bones and joints, the angles of deviation using x-rays.
Bone treatment on the thumb
The initial stage of the disease involves taking corrective measures at home. Conservative treatment helps reduce pain, fatigue, prevent further deformation of the joints.
Treatment without surgery
При необходимости больному рекомендуется снизить массу тела , дабы уменьшить нагрузку на стопы. 1. If necessary, the patient is recommended to reduce body weight , in order to reduce the load on the foot.
Ежедневным средством борьбы с изменениями в стопах становится массаж . 2. Massage is a daily remedy for dealing with changes in the feet. They do it sitting on a chair.
The massaged leg is placed in an extended position on another chair, the foot is slightly raised, placing a roll of fabric under it. Massage make bent fingers, back side.
They start from the ankle, gradually rising in the direction of the current of the lymph to the knee. Muscles are rubbed, stroked with palms, tapped, pinched.
Then massage the foot from the fingers to the heels.
В привычку должно войти выполнения комплекса лечебных гимнастических упражнений : 3. The habit should include performing a set of therapeutic gymnastic exercises :
- Walking on the outer edges of the feet - 15-20 minutes a day;
- Roll the ball with your fingers, press the fingers and straighten them;
- In the prone position, twist the left and right feet, press and relax the foot;
- To lift with your toes any objects - pencils, pieces of cloth, small toys;
- Water has a relaxing effect, it is useful to walk on a river or seabed with small pebbles, roll pebbles with your fingers. If this is not possible, you can make a foot bath with river pebbles.
- Look at this complex, which shows Margarita Levchenko.
При установленной деформации рекомендовано ношение специальной ортопедической обуви . 4. At the established deformation, it is recommended to wear special orthopedic shoes . At the time of sleep between the first and second toes of the foot lay rolls of fabric so that the joint is in the correct position.
Alternative medicine offers recipes using herbs and improvised means to relieve pain and reduce joint inflammation.
In order to return the joint to its original position and “accustom” the ligaments and muscles to hold it, various kinds of fixers are used.
. An example of such a device is a valgus tire . At the core of its action is a soft fixation of the joint in such an anatomical position as it should be initially. The foot receives mobility only to the extent that it is provided by the tire. Blood circulation is getting better, due to which the pain syndrome disappears.
Thumb pad allows you to adjust the angle of his lead and take corrective measures.
Numerous reviews on the Internet and the media show the effectiveness of bone treatment on the leg with a valgus splint, the leg does not hurt, the discomfort disappears, the joint acquires its former mobility.
However, doctors emphasize that corrective measures must necessarily be combined with medical gymnastics and the strengthening of muscles and ligaments.
Cream of seeds on the legs
в форме крема или геля, призванные остановить развитие вальгуса и убрать косточки на ногах. Pharmacies sell drugs in the form of a cream or gel, designed to stop the development of valgus and remove the bones on the legs. Such drugs relieve inflammation, reduce the load on the joint, but they are effective only in the initial stages of the disease.
(Косточка), в состав которой входят медицинская желчь, арника, кофеин, гвоздика, мята, лаванда, мочевина, кукурузное и пальмовое масло, глицерин, салициловая кислота. • ValgusStop (Stone), which includes medical bile, arnica, caffeine, clove, mint, lavender, urea, corn and palm oil, glycerin, salicylic acid.
на основе акульего жира и лавра размягчает новообразования на хрящевой ткани, предотвращает рост шишек, снимает боль и воспаление. • Stop cone based on shark oil and laurel softens tumors on the cartilage tissue, prevents the growth of cones, relieves pain and inflammation. . Read more about the composition of the cream .
Operation, as a method of dealing with bone
In cases where non-surgical treatment methods do not bring the desired result, medicine recommends surgery. The purpose of the operation is:
- Stabilization of bones and joints
- Full restoration of the functionality of the foot
- Relief from pain and inflammation
– метод, при котором на кости делают надрез в форме буквы Z, укорачивают плюсневую кость большого пальца и возвращают головку кости в суставе в правильное положение, после чего фиксируют ее. Osteotomy is a method in which a Z-shaped incision is made on the bone, the metatarsal of the thumb is shortened and the head of the bone in the joint is returned to the correct position, after which it is fixed.
The rehabilitation period takes up to three weeks; support is required to reduce the load on the joint and wearing special orthopedic shoes. Plaster bandages do not impose on the patient.
– инновационный метод, набирающий популярность и практикующийся в больших городах. Laser removal is an innovative method that is gaining popularity and is practiced in large cities. The operation is performed under local anesthesia, lasts about an hour. The essence of the method consists in laser grinding of bones (foot bones, sticking out from the side). The cosmetic effect achieved as a result of laser treatment makes this method more and more popular. A few hours after the operation, the patient can move independently, special measures are not required.
Prevention of pits on the legs
How to avoid deformation of the foot, what to do to keep the legs beautiful and healthy?
- Wear the right shoes with a wide nose and heels up to 4 cm. Do not abuse shoes with heels, wear them as necessary, after wearing to rest your feet, do relaxing foot baths, massage, gymnastics;
- For shoes with heels, use a special, supporting arch of the foot, insole;
- Walking along the river, the sea, on small stones, pebbles;
- Keep under control body weight;
- Observe the condition of the joints in the legs, in case of pain, discomfort, consult an orthopedic surgeon for advice. Deformation at the initial stage can be really corrected without surgical intervention.
The material presented in the article allows you to find out how the deformation of the foot occurs, how to prevent bone growth on the thumb, as well as measures to combat it.