The appearance of tumors on the skin is alarming. Are red birthmarks on the body dangerous, why do they arise and do you need to fight them? You will find the answers to these questions in this article.
What you will find in this article:
Why do red birthmarks appear on the body?
Red dots that rise above the surface of the skin are called angiomas and form on different parts of the body at any age. Angiomas are found in newborn babies, not infrequent in childhood.
In adults, red nevi appear on the skin in old age.
The reasons for the formation of scarlet or burgundy specks raised above the skin, consider:
• Diseases of a viral nature suffered by a pregnant woman. The appearance of angiomas of the newborn is associated with this factor;
• Severe pregnancy, toxicosis, difficulties with carrying and developing the fetus. Small red moles in young children do not need treatment, if there is no increase in the size of the spots, their growth. It is enough for parents to observe the state of the mole, by 6-7 years the nevus will disappear;
In adulthood, doctors associate the appearance of red spots with:
, особенно, на фоне хронических заболеваний (сахарного диабета, дисфункции щитовидной железы, нарушением гормонального фона у женщин); • Hormonal disruptions , especially against the background of chronic diseases (diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalance in women);
строения и развития кровеносных сосудов и стенок мелких кровеносных сосудов; • Pathologies of the structure and development of blood vessels and walls of small blood vessels;
, поджелудочной железы, печени, желчного пузыря. • Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract , pancreas, liver, gallbladder. In this case, angiomas are located on the upper half of the body, their color becomes richer during the period of exacerbation of the disease;
на воздействие ультрафиолета солнечных лучей; • Skin reaction to ultraviolet rays of the sun;
кожного покрова; • Microtrauma of the skin;
• Shortage of vitamins C and K in the body
Types of red moles
By type of blood vessels
Depending on the type of blood vessel that gave the "beginning" angiome, they are divided into:
; • Located above large arteries - arterial ;
; • Angiomas that venous blood feeds - venous ;
ангиомы – гемангиомы, образованные в местах сильного расширения или повреждения капилляра; • Capillary angiomas - hemangiomas, formed in places of strong expansion or damage to the capillary;
ангиомы объединяют разные типы кровеносных сосудов (артерия-вена, вена-капилляр, артерия-капилляр). • Cavernous angiomas combine different types of blood vessels (artery-vein, vein-capillary, artery-capillary). Between the vessels are formed cavities filled with blood. Similar angiomas are diagnosed in the internal organs. Having a large size, they cause organ dysfunction.
ангиомы наполнены кровью, это выпуклые пульсирующие образования. • Branched angiomas are filled with blood, these are bulging pulsating formations. Branched angioma unites several moles. Brightly colored, with pressure the branched hemangioma brightens for a while, after which the original color returns to it;
ангиомы небольшого размера и правильной формы называются точечными; • Rounded angiomas of small size and regular shape are called punctate;
образования, окруженные сетью тонких капилляров, носят названия «звездчатых»; • Round formations surrounded by a network of thin capillaries are called “star-shaped”;
ангиомы в просторечии называют «винными пятнами», чаще всего располагаются на лице. • Flat angiomas are colloquially referred to as “wine stains”, most often located on the face. Appearing with birth, flat angiomas turn pale with age, manifesting itself in moments of physical or mental stress;
ангиомами. • Dark red or purple-violet nodules, regardless of size, are called knotted angiomas.
In men, red birthmarks are less common and occur, as a rule, after forty years. Women's skin is more sensitive to the effects and is prone to the formation of angiomas.
How to get rid of angiomas?
The appearance of angiomas is not in itself a prescription for their removal. If moles do not change size, do not cause pain and discomfort, then you do not need to delete them.
Watch the video in which cases you need to see a doctor
The signal for seeking medical advice is:
• A sharp increase in the number of angiomas. Many red moles localized in one area are a sign of ill health;
• Increasing the size of a nevus in a short period of time, a sharp increase;
• Asymmetric shape, fuzzy contour of a mole;
• Convex angioma, which is injured by clothing, comb;
• Education, delivering pain, severe discomfort
Treatment of angiomas
Treatment of red moles is reduced to their removal.
Medically removed angiomas, when there is a risk of degeneration into a malignant tumor and the development of melanoma (skin cancer). And also, for aesthetic reasons, if the angioma is on an open area of the skin and delivers psychological discomfort.
- . X-ray exposure. After 3-5 sessions, moles lose their saturation, turn pale, become invisible;
- ); Small point angiomas are removed with carbon dioxide ( cauterization );
- – метод называется «криодеструкция», разрушение холодом; Cauterization with liquid nitrogen - the method is called "cryodestruction", destruction by cold;
- химическими веществами. Sclerosing with chemicals is used to remove large angiomas. With their help, the blood vessels that feed the neoplasm are blocked, and the angioma, without being fed, dies;
- красных родинок с помощью радиоволн, инфракрасных лучей или высокочастотных импульсов. Coagulation of red moles using radio waves, infrared rays or high-frequency pulses. The method guarantees the complete disappearance of a mole and leaves no marks on the skin;
- . Layered excision of angiomas using a carbon dioxide or vascular laser . The most popular method in modern cosmetology medicine;
- в несколько этапов. Large branched and cavernous angiomas are surgically removed in several stages.
Prevention of the formation of angiomas
To prevent the formation of red moles, dermatologists advise:
- Watch your diet, clean the intestines and liver;
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day;
- Provide your body with vitamins and trace elements;
- Prevent recurrence of chronic diseases;
- Do not abuse the sun's rays, especially dangerous to the skin in the period from 12 to 15 hours of the day;
- Regularly independently examine the skin, pay attention to the emergence of new formations, monitor the growth of existing
It is not necessary to self-medicate, remove angiomas at home, as injury to the formation can trigger the development of cancer cells.
Now you know what the appearance of red moles means on the body, and you can independently determine whether you need a medical consultation or simply observe angiomas.