Our grandmothers on the windowsills, along with other indoor plants certainly had aloe pots. “Stoletnik” - so it was called, knowing that this miracle plant can cure many ailments and become almost a panacea for a long healthy life. The healing properties of aloe are used by traditional and traditional medicine, cosmetology and pediatrics.
What you will find in this article:
What is the secret of aloe?
The main medicinal raw materials used for the treatment of diseases are succulent fleshy leaves of the plant - succulent. The composition of cell sap includes:
- Organic acids (citric, amber, malic, cinnamic, coumaric, salicylic)
- Resinous compounds
- Vitamins C, E, group B
- Micro and macro elements
- Beta carotene
- Essential oils
and other compounds that provide beneficial properties of aloe vera:
- Wound healing
- Stimulating gastrointestinal secretory function
Leaves, pulp and agave juice have found application in many areas of medicine.
How to harvest aloe?
For the preparation of therapeutic drugs suitable leaves of a plant that has reached the age of three. Preparation of raw materials produced in the beginning and middle of autumn, choosing thick fleshy lower leaves.
However, in case of urgent need, you can use fresh leaves, cut at any time of the year. They need to be thoroughly washed with running water, cut off the spines and then apply as intended.
What teaches traditional medicine
To prepare the broth, clean dried aloe leaves are finely chopped, placed in an enamel bowl and filled with water. Broth tormented in a water bath for 15-20 minutes, then cooled and filtered.
Cut leaves are washed, dried, removed spines. Before preparing the tincture, the raw materials are kept in the fridge for 10 days, wrapped in food paper.
Crushed leaves are poured with vodka in the ratio of 1: 5, 0.1 kg of leaves is required for a bottle of vodka.
Glass containers with raw materials should be in a dry warm place without access of light for a month. Periodically, it must be shaken to mix the contents evenly.
Juice is usually used immediately after preparation. It is recommended to store it in the refrigerator for no longer than 2-3 days.
If honey is used as a preservative, then not only the shelf-life increases significantly (up to a year in a dark, tightly sealed glass container), but also the beneficial properties of aloe increase.
One stripped off juice thickens, becomes viscous, dense and is called “sabur”. In this form, it is well stored, soluble in water and alcohol, used to treat diseases.
Pharmacies sell finished preparations with aloe vera: ointment, gel, syrup, alcohol tincture, ampoules for injections.
Aloe with honey
- Aloe pulp mixed with honey helps against hair loss. The mixture is heated in a water bath and applied to the scalp, then wrapped with plastic and a bath towel. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. Hair should be washed well.
- To enhance the body's immune functions, a mixture of aloe leaves (without thorns) and walnut kernels is prepared in equal proportions (0.5 kg each). The ingredients scroll through a meat grinder, add 0.3 kg of honey, maintain the mixture for 3 days in a warm dark place. Take the medicine after meals, 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. l
- A weakened body in the period of exacerbation of colds will help mixture: 3 tbsp. l juice, 100 g butter, 5 tbsp. l cocoa, 100 g of honey mix, store in the refrigerator. 1 tsp the mixture is stirred in a glass of warm milk and drunk at night.
- To alleviate the condition of the patient with bronchitis and pneumonia, aloe tincture will help to get rid of cough. For its preparation, you will need 0.3 kg of crushed agave leaves, 100 ml of alcohol (70%) and a bottle of Cahors. The ingredients are mixed in a dark glass container, stored in the refrigerator. The tool is intended for adults, take 2 tbsp. l before meals three times a day.
The juice of the miracle flower is bitter in taste, but it has amazing healing powers.
To get it, you need to cut off large fleshy leaves, soak them in the cold, wash them and press them hard, after wrapping them with gauze. You can skip the leaves through a juicer, meat grinder, food processor, additionally squeezing after the cake and straining the juice.
- Gastritis, gastric ulcer, dysentery - indications for treatment with aloe juice. 1 tsp. juice diluted in the same amount of warm boiled water and take 3 times a day, on an empty stomach.
- Lotions and compresses with juice are used for the fastest healing of purulent wounds, boils, burns, boils, trophic ulcers, dermatitis, eczema.
- Aloe juice is good for the nose: 2-3 times a day, 2-3 drops of juice in each nostril are instilled from the cold. It has an antiseptic, antibacterial effect; irritating the receptors, provokes sneezing and cleansing the nasopharynx from mucus and pathogenic flora.
Ready Aloe Vera Extract
The plant extract is available in various pharmaceutical forms, suitable for children and adults:
- Liquid extract is taken to increase appetite, stimulate the gastrointestinal tract, the healing of gastritis and gastric ulcers. Dosage - 1 tsp. 30 minutes before meals, three times a day;
- For improvement of exchange reactions, increase of immunity, acceleration of tissue regeneration, subcutaneous injections are prescribed. In addition, injections of aloe vera extract increase sperm motility and improve reproductive function in men.
The medicine is sold in the form of ointment, tablets, gel, syrup.
Application in cosmetology
Aloe vera is a part of many cosmetics for face, hands and hair care. Creams and masks with aloe are great for sensitive skin, prone to irritation, allergies. The components of aloe pulp relieve redness, save from acne, excessive pigmentation, psoriatic plaques.
Recipes for facial masks:
- Dry skin: mix equal juice of aloe, glycerin (sold in a pharmacy), honey, and oatmeal. Mix the mixture with warm boiled water in a 1: 2 ratio, beat, let stand and swell for 15 minutes. Apply to cleansed skin, after 30 minutes, rinse with warm water, moisturize the skin with cream.
- Anti-aging mask: 2 tbsp. l aloe juice and 4 tbsp. l honey mix, apply to the skin with a thick layer, avoiding the area around the eyes. The duration of the procedure is 30-40 minutes. The mask nourishes the skin, smoothes wrinkles.
It is no secret that aloe extract is used as a therapeutic additive in the manufacture of shampoos, balms, hair masks. Aloe softens the scalp, nourishes and moisturizes it, eliminates dandruff and itching. Thanks to the stimulation of hair follicles, hair growth accelerates, their loss is reduced. At home, after washing the hair is recommended to rub into the scalp fresh aloe juice.
To eliminate the shine and normalize the work of the fat glands of the scalp using alcohol tincture agave. It is gently rubbed into the skin a few hours before washing.
Medicinal properties of aloe in gynecology
Aloe has become a cure for women with genitourinary problems.
- Tamponation of the vagina with aloe juice with diagnosed cervical erosion.
- Cervical dysplasia is treated by taking the juice inside: 1 tbsp. three times a day, 30 minutes after meals.
- For the treatment of infertility, a mixture of sea buckthorn oil, goose fat and aloe leaf pulp is prepared in equal proportions. The mixture is melted in a water bath, mixed well and left in a glass container for a week (in a dark cool place). 1 tbsp. l drugs are stirred in a glass of warm milk and drunk after meals.
To see better
Aloe is widely used for the treatment of eye diseases: myopia, conjunctivitis , cataracts, blepharitis.
- Juice buried in the eyes for inflammation, it is an alternative to conventional antimicrobial drugs;
- Aloe juice mixed with honey in a 1: 1 ratio is used as an eye ointment for inflammation, fatigue, eyelid swelling;
- Fresh juice helps to defeat conjunctivitis, they wash their eyes several times a day;
- Juice smeared inflammation of the century - barley for a speedy recovery.
Aloe as a medicine is contraindicated in:
- Diseases of the liver and gallbladder;
- Inflammation of the bladder;
- Amenorrhea and menstrual cycle failure;
- Of pregnancy
Preparations with aloe are contraindicated in the elderly and children under 12 years. In addition, it is important to remember that an individual allergic reaction to the plant may occur, so care should be taken to start treatment.
Elena Lomonosova, Brest
“A few years ago I bought a cosmetic product based on aloe vera while I was in Egypt. I hardly believed in the promised effect, but curiosity won out! Since then, a jar with a green substance is always at hand: I lubricate dry skin of my hands, abrasions, scratches to my son, I add to face cream. Softens, soothes, relieves inflammation almost instantly. And the smell reminds me so much of summer rest! ”
Rodion Zelenov, Volgograd
“After the operation on the eyes (restoration of vision), he drank a course of aloe tablets. The rehabilitation was quick and inconspicuous, the immunity was significantly strengthened, I feel 20 years younger. ”
Aloe is an unpretentious indoor plant that will become a pantry of health in every home. Its ability to have antiviral and antibacterial effects, reduce inflammation, pain, itching, peeling, inflammation, swelling is fully used in medicine and cosmetology. Prepare drugs with aloe under the force of each.