Acute viral diseases affecting the nasopharynx become a source of infection for other ENT organs. Inflammation of the larynx is manifested by hoarseness, sadness, cough with sputum. Treatment of laryngitis in adults is to restore the functions of the larynx.
What you will find in this article:
How does laryngitis manifest
At the initial stage of the disease it is easy to confuse with acute respiratory infections, the symptoms are similar:
- there is a sore throat, aggravated by swallowing, laughing, talking, coughing;
- dry cough, sputum is produced in small quantities;
- weakness, muscle and headache;
- hoarseness, up to his complete loss
Forms of laryngitis
There are various forms of laryngitis. Depending on the type of disease, the prescribed treatment is adjusted.
- часто становится осложнением гриппа. the acute form often becomes a complication of the flu. Mucous larynx swollen, red. Individual points on the mucous are painted more brightly, due to small hemorrhages. The larynx and trachea produce sputum produced by coughing. Cough - paroxysmal, debilitating patient.
- становится следствием постоянных воспалительных процессов в носоглотке. the chronic form becomes a consequence of persistent inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx. Sore throat accompanied by hoarseness. The disease is exacerbated when favorable conditions arise for it:
• burns of the larynx
• vocal cord load
• concomitant infection
- . The most favorable treatment and full recovery is considered catarrhal laryngitis . The body temperature rarely rises above 37 ° C, tickling appears in the throat, the patient feels a constant desire to clear his throat. Dry cough, causing sore throat. The timbre of the voice decreases, hoarseness appears, hoarseness, in some cases voice loss occurs.
- ларингита». In the case when the pathological process affects the vocal cords, the doctor makes a diagnosis of " hypertrophic form of laryngitis." Nodules are formed on the ligaments that do not allow complete closure to occur, the voice becomes hoarse.
- chronic laryngitis leads to thinning of the laryngeal mucosa, the process can affect the deeper layers. провоцирует злоупотребление острой горячей пищей. Atrophic laryngitis provokes the abuse of spicy hot foods. The timbre of the voice is always reduced, there is hoarseness, the discomfort in the throat - soreness, rawness, becomes habitual. While coughing, a small amount of sputum streaked with blood is expectorated.
Symptoms of different forms of laryngitis are similar, in many ways the treatment methods are the same.
How to treat the acute form
можно в домашних условиях за 7-10 дней. Cure acute laryngitis can be at home for 7-10 days.
The first and most important recommendation of an otolaryngologist is the observance of voice rest - maximum silence, to enable the vocal cords to rest and recover.
It is important to know that the patient, if necessary, should speak in full voice, and not in a whisper, as it may seem logical. When whispering, ligaments get a greater load than during normal conversation.
The room in which the patient is located must be regularly ventilated. The air temperature in it should not exceed 180C, in addition, the air should be constantly moistened with an electric humidifier or wet towels hung in the room. Dry air irritates the mucous membrane, aggravating the patient's condition.
It is important to pay attention to food:
- hot, spicy, salty foods and pickles are excluded from the diet;
- optimal food is broths, liquid porridges;
- recommended warm drink - milk, fruit drinks, compotes, teas (including herbal), carbonated drinks should be abandoned.
- well softens the larynx mucous mineral water "Borjomi"
Otolaryngologists say that sore throat loves water. Drink as much as possible, without abusing hot and cold drinks.
It is strictly forbidden to smoke.
Showing inhalation, rinsing, sore throat will remove candies and sprays.
Drug treatment is to eliminate the source of inflammation. Antibiotics should be prescribed by a doctor, they will be beneficial only if the disease is bacterial in nature. On an outpatient basis - tablets, inpatient - intramuscular and intravenous injections. Antibacterial drugs are powerless against viral or allergic laryngitis.
Strong swelling of the larynx is removed with the help of antihistamines. To combat dry cough, mucolytic drugs that stimulate the production of sputum and its liquefaction are recommended.
Treatment of chronic laryngitis
– затяжная форма заболевания, напоминающая о себе несколько раз в год. Chronic laryngitis is a protracted form of the disease, reminding of itself several times a year. Factors that aggravate the state of health are:
- chronic diseases of ENT organs;
- reproduction of conditionally pathogenic microflora of the oral cavity;
- endocrine, metabolic disorders;
- overload of the vocal cords;
- living in ecologically polluted areas;
- harmful working conditions;
- smoking, drinking alcohol;
- reduced immunity
Treatment includes non-drug measures, the same as in acute laryngitis, as well as prescription drugs:
- anti-virus drugs (with appropriate etiology);
- antibiotics (in the case of the bacterial nature of the disease);
- cough suppressants;
- local anesthetics, anesthetics;
- immunomodulators and vitamin complexes;
In the hospital, additional electrophoresis and ultrahigh-frequency therapy are prescribed.
Prevention of exacerbation of chronic laryngitis is:
- strengthening immunity - hardening, proper nutrition, walking, playing sports, quitting smoking and alcohol;
- timely elimination of foci of infection in the body;
- minimizing contact with sources of infection;
- controlled voice load
Treatment of laryngitis folk remedies
Traditional medicine offers a large number of prescriptions to alleviate the condition of the patient and relieve inflammation of the vocal cords.
- добавить 1 ст. 0.2 l carrot juice add 1 tbsp. l honey Drink 1 tbsp. l every hour;
- , принимать по 1 ч.л. Mix 0.2 liters of honey and 0.1 liters of lemon juice , take 1 tsp. in 15-20 minutes;
- добавить 0,1 кг мелконарезанной моркови и отварить до ее размягчения. in 0.5 liters of milk, add 0.1 kg of minced carrots and boil until softened. Strainers drink 0.2 l each in the morning and evening;
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves chop and boil in 0.2 l of milk. Strained milk to drink sips;
- очистить, измельчить, залить кипятком и варить на медленном огне 15-20 минут. turnips clean, chop, pour boiling water and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Take on ¼ cup strained broth;
- измельчить, заливают 0,1 л кипятка. chop the root of horseradish , pour 0.1 l of boiling water. Insist in a glass for 30 minutes, take an infusion of 1 tsp. every hour. You can add sugar and honey to taste;
- 1 tbsp. l , 1 ст. dried flowers of black elderberry , 1 tbsp. l leaves mother and stepmother, 1 tbsp. leaves of golden whisker mix, pour 0.2 liters of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes. Strain and gargle 3-4 times a day;
- в 0,2 л теплой воды размешивают 1 ч. л. For rinsing in 0.2 l of warm water stir 1 tsp. glycerin, 1 tsp. starch and add 4-5 drops of iodine solution. You need to gargle 4-5 times a day;
- », средство, смягчающее горло и возвращающее потерянный голос: 2 яичных желтка взбивают с сахаром до белой пены и пьют маленькими глотками; “ Eggnog ”, a soothing throat and returning a lost voice: beat 2 egg yolks with sugar until white foam and drink in small sips;
- . The simplest and most affordable means is rinsing with soda-saline solution . Add 1 tsp to 1 liter of hot water. drinking soda, 1 tsp salt, 10 drops of iodine. Gargle every 3-4 hours;
- 2 tsp. обыкновенного залить 0,2 л кипятка, настоять 40 минут. calamus rhizomes ordinary pour 0.2 liters of boiling water, insist 40 minutes. Gargle with warm infusion 4-5 times a day;
- , разбавленным кипяченой водой в соотношении 2:1; When laryngitis help rinsing fresh beet juice diluted with boiled water in a ratio of 2: 1;
- . Remove a laryngospasm and help close the ligaments will help a teaspoon of brandy . This tool is used by singers, presenters, speakers - people whose work is associated with an increased load on the ligaments. This method cannot be considered a pure remedy, because the effect lasts 1-2 hours, but as an emergency it is quite effective.
Treatment of laryngitis in adults with inhalation
Mandatory treatment of laryngitis in the acute and chronic forms are inhalation. For hot inhalations you will need dishes with a wide neck (bowl, enamel pan, small basin). To breathe steam with medicinal ingredients dissolved in it, you need to be careful not to get burns of the mucous membrane. The duration of the procedure is 5-7 minutes.
After completion, you need a voice rest for 30 minutes, you should not go out and eat:
- Inhalation with baking soda and table salt is the most accessible and simple. The solution is prepared in the same ratio as for rinsing;
- For inhalation use mineral water alkaline reaction- "Borjomi", "Narzan", "Essentuki";
- For inhalation using decoctions of camomile, sage, mullein, calendula;
- The essential oils of eucalyptus, fir, and lavender have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Broths and infusions of herbs are added to the bath. In this case, the body warms up completely, skin contact with herbs occurs, and inhalation occurs. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. Baths are contraindicated at elevated body temperature.
There are many ways to cope with laryngitis at the initial stage; the main thing is to speed up the process, prevent infection from spreading in the respiratory tract and prevent complications, the disease becomes chronic.