Joint pain is a prerogative of older people, but young people, and even teenagers, are not insured against them. Since there can be many reasons for the appearance of an unpleasant symptom, painkillers for joint pain should be chosen on the basis of etiology.
What you will find in this article:
Possible causes of joint pain
- Gout - a disease associated with impaired water-salt metabolism. Uric acid salt crystals are deposited in the joints, causing their damage and irritating the nerve endings. Along with pain and swelling of the joints, there is an increase in blood pressure, the formation of kidney stones, atherosclerosis, diabetes, coronary heart disease. With the help of medications it is possible to stop the pain, but the problem is not solved, therefore the complex therapy prescribed by a rheumatologist is important.
- Rheumatism is characterized by wandering pains affecting large joints. They appear as a complication after suffering a sore throat. The joints swell, movements become constrained, the amplitude decreases. Rheumatism is dangerous complications associated with the cardiovascular system.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an infection of the joints with the development of an inflammatory process that causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis is a lesion of parts of the joint, their deformation against the background of a decrease in the production of synovial fluid and an increase in friction in the joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is accompanied by abnormal growth of connective tissue of the joint, characterized by pain and morning stiffness, damage to the joints of the hands.
- Injuries, injuries require diagnosis and therapeutic measures. It is important to know that an injury can make itself felt after months and even years.
To relieve pain in the joints, medicines are produced in various forms: injections, ointments, tablets, patches. When choosing a medicine, you need to remember about contraindications and possible side effects.
You cannot independently increase the dose or combine the drugs of one drug group: if the drug does not bring relief, then it is not suitable and requires replacement.
Anesthetic Joint Ointment
According to the principle of action and the achieved effect, ointments and gels are divided into several groups.
Ointment local action
The composition of such ointments include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They are released without a prescription, they start to act quickly, they bring relief for all types of joint lesions. The active ingredients are diclofenac, ibuprofen, nimesulide, ketoprofen, indomethacin. This group includes:
- Voltaren Emulgel
- Nise gel
- Deep Relief with Menthol
- Indomethacin ointment
Apply a thin layer of ointment to the sore joint, rubbing it into the skin with smooth massage movements (without effort) and apply a bandage bandage on top. The procedure is repeated 3-4 times a day. Course duration - up to two weeks. If during this time there is no relief, you should consult a doctor and review the therapy.
These are ointments with glucosamine and chondroitin. The components of the ointment act in the direction of restoring damaged cartilage structures and are indicated for use in degenerative disorders in the joints.
However, chondroprotectors do not save from pain in case of arthrosis , and the duration of administration of these drugs reaches a year or more (at a fairly high cost). The medicine must be prescribed by a doctor, since for other diseases the ointments of this group are useless.
- Toad stone
- Shark oil
Warming and irritating local effects
As active ingredients they contain extract of hot pepper, snake venom, bee products, essential oils, camphor, turpentine, menthol. Before you begin treatment with the help of ointments of this group, you should ensure that you are not allergic to the components of the drug. In addition, warming ointments activate blood circulation in the joint, and therefore, are contraindicated in inflammation. This group includes:
Ointments containing acetylsalicylic acid
Salicylates anesthetize and have an anti-inflammatory effect. This group includes:
- Bom benge
The use of ointments for any purpose has its drawbacks. The low permeability of the skin does not allow the full use of the potential of the drug.
It is advisable to include ointments in the complex of therapeutic measures in the treatment of small joints, fingers, toes, wrist joints. Large joints, which are under a layer of muscles, adipose tissue, skin, for example, hip or shoulder, are useless to treat with the help of local influence.
Treatment of pain in the knee joint with the help of an ointment must be “improved”: with the help of Dimexide, the permeability of the protective covers decreases, which means that the effectiveness of treatment increases. In addition, anti-inflammatory ointment is injected into the joint with the help of physiotherapy - ultrasound, electric current.
Medical anesthetic patches for joints
The basis of the manufacture of patches for the treatment of joints are the recipes of classical Chinese medicine - a combination of herbs, natural ingredients that improve microcirculation, relieve spasms, have anti-inflammatory effect, relieve swelling of the diseased joint and strengthen blood vessels.
The plaster is fixed on clean skin, heating to body temperature, it begins to release the active substances that get into the cavity of the diseased joint with blood. The duration of wearing one patch is indicated on the package, as a rule, it ranges from one to three days. Therapeutic substances are released in small doses and affect the lesion.
- Tianhe Zhuyfeng Gao
- Tianhe Shakesang Zhuang Gao
- Guizhou Miaoyao - a product under the trademark Nanoplast begins to act almost immediately, the duration of the effect is up to 12 hours. Does not contain substances that adversely affect the organs of the cardiovascular system and the digestive tract. It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Miao Zheng is a magnetic plaster for joints. Treatment consists of the cumulative effects of unique herbal and magnetic fields, directional.
- Pine Relief Orthopedic Patch removes pain and swelling, improves blood circulation, relieves inflammation in the joint, improves elasticity and returns mobility.
Registered as dietary supplements are not a cure.
The patches of Hamitsu, located in Japan, are represented on the market by two trademarks of patches for joint pain: Salonpas and Saloncip.
Medicinal ingredients penetrate deep tissues and quickly eliminate pain. They are not addictive and are used as first aid. The composition of the active ingredient includes salicylate, camphor, menthol, vitamin E.
- The warming plaster Intrarich Hot is shown for back pain, it normalizes blood flow and lymph flow, relieves pain, relieves inflammation and swelling.
- Intrarich Hot Cooling Plaster contains herbal ingredients, indicated for arthritis and post-traumatic inflammation, muscle pain, radiculitis, osteochondrosis. Impermeable fabric base prevents evaporation of therapeutic components and provides an effect for 10-12 hours.
- Cure Tape - kinesioteypy, adhesive tapes that affect the skin, joints, fascia, muscles, ligaments. They relieve pain and tension, support the muscular-ligamentous apparatus, promote healing. Previously used in professional sports, but gradually gained universal acceptance.
What to take pills for pain in the joints
In addition to topical treatment, tablets are prescribed for the health of the joints as part of a combination therapy:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - ibuprofen, diclofenac, indomethacin, nimesulide, meloxicam, paracetamol.
- Analgesics - analgin, ketorolac, dexalgin, aspirin, loroxicam.
- Green Chinese tablets for joints Guzsekan. Shown in rheumatism, arthritis, osteochondrosis, diseases of the spine, arthritis of the shoulder, rheumatism. They contain natural ingredients, have a minimum number of contraindications. They eliminate the pathology of cartilage tissue, slow down the aging of the musculoskeletal system.
- Thai capsules for the joints contain flowers and fruits of the Bosleea - a plant capable of restoring the bone and cartilage tissue of the joints. It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, reduces vascular permeability, strengthens the walls, restores microcirculation.
- Chondroprotectors - substances that restore cartilage tissue.
- Teraflex –capsules containing chondroitin sulfate is a polysaccharide involved in the formation of cartilage tissue. It regenerates articular cartilage, reduces, slows down its degeneration, suppresses enzymes that adversely affect cartilage tissue.
Suppositories have been and remain an affordable and fast-acting dosage form. Candles contain anti-inflammatory and analgesic components that, when absorbed into the bloodstream, begin to act faster than tablets and more effective than ointments.
In order to quickly deliver the drug to the joint, use injections. With the help of injections, it is possible to reduce the dose of the drug, relieve acute pain. If there is evidence (dystrophic changes, lack of synovial fluid), drugs are added to the joint that increase the amount of fluid and reduce friction, thus removing pain.