Overheating of the body occurs unnoticed. Under the action of sunlight or high temperature, metabolic processes are disturbed, a person feels unwell, bordering on fainting. Increased heat generation along with low heat emission is fraught with serious complications, up to the termination of cardiac activity. The sooner first aid is given in case of a sunstroke, the more minimal the consequences.
What you will find in this article:
Signs of sunstroke
Sunstroke is one of the types of heat effects of external factors on the human body. According to the name, sunstroke becomes the result of a long irregular stay in the sun in the heat. People endure the warm weather in different ways: someone feels perfectly under the open sunshine on the beach at noon, when the thermometer has passed the mark of +40 0 С, and someone will feel unwell at +25 0 С, having stayed for a short time the sun.
Symptoms of overheating and approaching sunstroke may be mild, but you should be attentive to your well-being if:
- strong thirst appeared, mucous membrane dried up in the mouth, tongue became rough;
- hurts and feels dizzy ;
- tinnitus is heard;
- the person feels weak;
- breathing and heart rate increase;
- perspiration is disturbed (reduced, absent), which indicates a violation of heat transfer;
- nausea, vomiting appears;
- hot skin, sunburn formed;
- there are muscle cramps;
- the mind is confused, it may faint
It is not necessary to wait for the full clinical picture to show sunstroke. At the first symptoms it is necessary to provide the victim with first aid.
What to do with sunstroke?
Assistance at home begins with a call to the ambulance. However, before the arrival of the brigade, you need to help the victim:
- Provide cooling for overheated body. For this person, they are transferred from a shade to a cool room with good ventilation, they are laid on their backs.
- If a person is conscious, he needs a cool abundant drink (clear water, juice, juice, not hot tea).
- Breathing should be free, so if we are not talking about the beach, it is necessary to free the neck and chest, loosen clothes, tie, undo the buttons.
- If possible, feet, hands wrapped with towels dipped in cool water. If there is a reservoir nearby, the victim can be lowered into the water in shallow water. It is important that the cooling is not sharp!
- In the presence of sunburn, a frequent satellite of sunstroke, the affected places should be lubricated with anti-burn agent (panthenol, bepanthene), if they are not present, with kefir, sour cream.
- Fainting requires special actions, first of all, a person must be revived: bring a cotton swab dipped in liquid ammonia to his nose, pat him on the cheeks, sprinkle water on his face. In the prone position, the head should be slightly raised.
First of all, overheating is subject to:
- Children. The system of thermoregulation in a child is less perfect than in an adult. Mom, in pursuit of a bronze tan, may not notice that for a child the activity of the sun's rays has reached its peak and he is threatened with sunstroke. Symptoms of sunstroke in children are similar to those described above, the child becomes irritable, lethargic, crying, suffering from thirst. Children, especially small ones, need medical attention, even if sunstroke has been prevented.
- Older people whose vessels do not respond as well to fever as they did when they were young;
- Patients with diabetes and cardiovascular diseases;
- Overweight people;
- People with dehydration;
- People under the influence of alcoholic beverages
What should not be done with sunstroke?
There are a number of prohibitions swinging injured. Measures are aimed at preventing deterioration of the situation. You can not:
- To sharply lower the body temperature (dipping into cold water by putting ice on it), since blood vessels sharply narrow and the heart receives a large load, which it cannot always cope with;
- Offer drugs to the victim, because The body's response to stress can be unpredictable. If necessary, any treatment prescribed by the doctor after the examination;
- Give alcoholic beverages, coffee, strong tea, caffeine-containing beverages.
- the cause of sunstroke becomes overheating in the sun, so in the heat should wear light-colored clothing from light, not constraining the movement of fabrics;
- do not exercise excessive physical activity during hot hours;
- it is necessary to ensure the supply of a sufficient amount of liquid, preferring pure water;
- alcohol must be discarded altogether;
- food should be frequent, but fractional;
- not to spend a long time in the open sun, especially from 12 to 15 o'clock in the afternoon;
- hats will help avoid overheating;
- if there is a feeling of weakness, lethargy, you should go into the shadow
What and how to drink in the heat
- water, clean drinking or slightly alkaline mineral;
- not hot tea with lemon;
- juices with a small percentage of sugar;
- milk and dairy products (it is important to pay for terms and conditions of storage, at high ambient temperatures dairy products deteriorate rapidly)
You can not:
- carbonated drinks (sweet)
- alcoholic beverages, including beer;
- strong tea, coffee;
- energy drinks
The liquid is recommended to drink in small portions (up to 0.2 liters at a time), in between meals. Cold water not only does not quench thirst, but also inhibits the processes occurring in the gastrointestinal tract.
Sunstroke - a sharp decrease in the rate of metabolic processes, the dulling of the activity of the central nervous system under the influence of sunlight and the high temperature of the environment. It is necessary to know how to provide first aid to the victim and to comply with preventive measures, without exposing themselves and their relatives to unnecessary risk.