Today, the women's theme - the tides during menopause. One of the characteristic phenomena during this period of a woman's life are hot flashes - sudden bouts of heat, accompanied by excessive sweating, reddening of the skin, and arrhythmia.
They significantly complicate everyday life, because the attack of heat can happen at any time. And not all women know how to reduce these attacks and how to cope with them.
What you will find in this article:
What is hot flashes during menopause
Climax is the gradual extinction of ovarian function, which is also accompanied by hormonal changes. The age at which changes in reproductive function begin is individual. But, in general, it is usually a period after 45 years.
First of all, the production of estrogen decreases, the lack of which “triggers” the reflex transfer of heat impulse in the body. That is, the body regards the hormone deficiency as a kind of anomalous phenomenon, and as a result the hypothalamus sends a thermal impulse to the body.
As a result, body temperature rises, and the woman feels a sharp rush of heat. This is accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms.
According to how many tides a woman experiences per day, doctors can determine the severity of menopause:
- Less than ten seizures speak of a mild course.
- Ten to twenty tides are moderate.
- More than twenty tides - a severe degree.
Most often, the tides are observed in the evening, as well as at night. It is considered particularly unpleasant night, because of the intense sweating and heat a person wakes up.
If during the night there are many attacks, then this directly affects the quality of sleep and overall well-being during the day after waking up.
Signs of high tide during menopause
Of course, it should be noted that menopause in each of the women manifests itself in different ways, including the tides occur individually. For many, they are in a rather mild form, that is, they almost do not bother. But often it is the tides that give unpleasant feelings to many women, making it difficult to fully work and lead an active social life.
How to recognize the tide? - It has the following characteristic symptoms:
- a feeling of anxiety and obvious foreboding of the approaching heat;
- excessive sweating;
- nausea and vomiting possible;
- heart rhythm disorder - arrhythmia;
- feeling short of breath;
- after the end of the tide there is a chill.
Such an attack can last from a few seconds to two or three minutes. How long it will last depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Sometimes an attack can be delayed for a whole hour, but this is more likely to be a severe case. The intensity of the attack and its duration depends primarily on the health of the body, as well as on the lifestyle that a woman leads.
In particular, the very effect of menopause and the severity of hot flashes is affected by the following:
- Have there been any gynecological operations in the past?
- are there any problems with hormonal background, not associated with age-related changes;
- type of nervous system - it is proved that individuals prone to depression or nervousness, endure the period of menopause more difficult;
- the general psychological background in which the woman is located - if she often experiences stress, emotional stress, pressure, then in this case the menopause can proceed quite hard.
Thus, the frequency and intensity of tides are influenced by many factors, including psychological ones.
How to ease the tide attack
An attack of heat can be taken by surprise at almost any moment, so it is important to know what measures to take to reduce discomfort during it. What to do at high tide:
- If you feel fever, you should calm down - reduce the feeling of anxiety. This is well helped by so called diaphragmatic breathing - that is, it is necessary to breathe in the stomach. At the same time, inhale and hold the breath for 5-9 seconds, slowly exhale.
- Carry a bottle of water with you to work or walk, so that you can refresh yourself during an attack.
- If you are at home, immerse your feet in a basin with hot water - this will allow you to normalize the body's thermoregulation. In this case, the hands need to pull up above his head.
- Well helps and aromatherapy. When the tide comes in, lavender and citrus fruit will help. To do this, you can wear a special aromacolon with a few drops of aromatic oil. You can wear it on the neck or in the bag pocket.
How to prevent tides and reduce their unpleasant consequences
It is impossible to talk about full-blown prevention of tides, but you can independently influence the frequency of attacks and their strength, as well as reduce their intensity. That is, observing the following recommendations, you can significantly smooth out the manifestation of unpleasant symptoms:
- An active lifestyle is one of the pledges of each person’s health. Sports activities have a positive effect not only on the physiological processes in the body, but also improve the overall psychological state. And, as you know, it also directly affects how difficult menopause is.
- Proper nutrition, which should include plant foods. Refrain from fatty, fried and spicy foods, eliminate alcohol and caffeinated beverages. Drink more water, the rate per day - 1.5-2 liters. In the case of tides, water will be needed in order to restore the water balance after an attack.
- Wear clothes made from natural fabrics, avoiding synthetics. This is due to the fact that natural fabrics have excellent ventilation properties, contribute to the normal heat transfer. Also, given the abundant sweat during an attack, natural tissue will prevent the appearance of an unpleasant bodily smell. Bed linen should also be made of natural fabrics, because most often the attacks occur at night.
- Separately, it should be said about winter clothes - avoid sweaters with high collars. It is better to wear a jacket with a neckline, which can be covered with a scarf to protect from the cold. Then it will be easier to remove the scarf at the time of the attack in order to alleviate the general condition.
- Watch your own psychological health - stress and constant emotional stress only worsen the condition during menopause, increase the tensions of hot flashes.
Folk remedies at high tides
To alleviate the general condition, as well as to reduce the intensity of attacks of hot flashes, you can turn to proven folk remedies. Of course, there is no such recipe that would help suck up attacks. But some recipes will help to cope with unpleasant symptoms.
Normalize blood pressure and soothe the following drugs:
- – из них можно сделать такое народное средство как настой, для которого потребуется 400 мл кипятка, 10 грамм цветков. Hawthorn flowers - one can make such a folk remedy as an infusion, which will require 400 ml of boiling water, 10 grams of flowers. Insist them in a thermos for about 40 minutes. And you need to drink the infusion half a glass 2-3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- – из их сока делают настойку. Hawthorn fruits - tincture is made from their juice. Freshly squeezed fruit juice is poured with alcohol (in the ratio of 1 to 2).
To insist the fruit should be in a glass container in a dark and warm place for 14 days. Accept inside 40 drops three times a day.
– его сок помогает справиться с излишним потоотделением. Sage is excellent for sweating - its juice helps to cope with excessive perspiration. This freshly squeezed juice drink 2 tbsp. spoon three times a day. But if there are no fresh plants, then you can drink tea from dry leaves. For this, 1 tbsp. A spoon of sage poured 400 ml of boiling water. Drink this tea three times a day for half a cup. Please note that the bush treatment is 2 weeks, then you need to take a break.
Herbs will help to normalize the psychological state.
из мелиссы, листьев ежевики и чабреца. To do this, create a herbal collection of lemon balm, blackberry leaves and thyme. It is poured 400 ml of boiling water (based on 2 tablespoons of collection), insist 30 minutes, filtered. During the day you need to drink two glasses of this infusion.
Medical treatment of hot flashes
If you began to disturb the tides and other characteristic signs of menopause, you should consult a doctor. Of course, you cannot completely get rid of the manifestations of menopause, but you can reduce the intensity of the symptoms.
– с уклоном на витамины группы В, токоферола, кальция, калия, аскорбиновой кислоты и магния. First of all, the doctor may prescribe the intake of vitamins - with a bias on vitamins of group B, tocopherol, calcium, potassium, ascorbic acid and magnesium. And for the normalization of hormonal background, non-hormonal drugs can be prescribed.
They contain phytoestrogens that can increase the level of natural estrogen in a woman’s body. These supplements are made from natural ingredients, so they are as safe as possible for the body.
. Among non-hormonal drugs, Betalanin has proven itself well . The principle of its action is quite similar to the so-called replacement therapy, but, at the same time, it does not have side effects and possible risks to humans.
– они помогут, если женщина вынуждена часто переживать стрессовые ситуации или эмоционально истощена. In some cases, the doctor may prescribe antidepressant pills - they will help if the woman is often forced to undergo stressful situations or emotionally exhausted.
или Барбовал . You can take to calm the nervous system can be drugs such as Corvalol or Barboval . It is also suitable tincture of motherwort, valerian, peony. These herbal preparations have a positive effect on overall health, reduce irritability and nervousness.
на основе экстрактов лекарственных растений. Of the latest innovations, Stop Klimaks based on herbal extracts has proven itself well. . Learn more about this drug .
In any case, each medicine must be coordinated with your doctor, who can see the solution to the problem in the complex. Do not get involved in sedatives, so as not to harm the nervous system. Phytoestrogens also need to be taken only after a doctor's prescription, so that he can find the medicine based on your tests and general condition.
3 magic points that facilitate hot flashes during menopause
The first point you can easily find on the outside of the hand. The point we need is about 1.5 times the width of the palm of the shoulder. The point is very painful. Press it with your finger 3 times at regular intervals. First on one hand, then on the other. The pain will have to suffer. More than three times you do not need to press.
The second point is located on the outside of the legs. Stand up straight, stretch your arms "at the seams." Where the middle finger touches the foot, and there is a second magic point. She is extremely sensitive and extremely painful too. Press the middle fingers on the points 3 times at once on both legs. No need to repeat, one approach is enough.
And finally, the third magic point is located on the upper part of the pubic bone. It is not as painful as the first and second, but slight pain is still present. Place three fingers on top of the pubic bone and press 3 times at regular intervals. More than three times do not need.
The procedure - simple and effective - is over. If you do everything right, you will save yourself from climacteric torment and preserve your health, improve your well-being and return to a normal active life.
Do not retreat before manifestations of tides - their influence can be reduced. What I sincerely wish you!