Today let's talk about seborrhea. Have you heard of such a nuisance? - Seborrhea is called an aesthetic and medical problem associated with an increased secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands of the scalp. Seborrhea of the head gives a lot of problems to a person, and can often put him in an awkward position. Today I will tell you what the reason for seborrhea is how to deal with it.
What you will find in this article:
What are the types of seborrhea head
Dermatologists distinguish 3 types of seborrheic dermatitis:
- себорея проявляется появлением большого количества мелкой перхоти на фоне снижения продукции кожного сала железами головы. Dry seborrhea is manifested by the appearance of a large amount of fine dandruff against the background of a decrease in sebum production by the head glands. In this case, the hair becomes dry and brittle, and the scalp dries and cracks;
- себорее. With an increase in sebum secretion by the glands of the head, they speak of oily seborrhea. This condition is manifested by oily skin, an abundance of coarse dandruff and rapid hair loss;
- себореи, при котором на лице отмечается признаки сухой, а на волосистой части головы – жирной. There is also a mixed type of seborrhea, in which there are signs of dry on the face and oily on the scalp.
What triggers the development of seborrhea head
The causes of sebum overproduction by the glands of the scalp are known to medicine for a long time. , которые могут обитать и на здоровой коже головы, не причиняя никаких проблем своему хозяину. It is the yeast-like Pityrosporum fungi , which can also live on healthy scalp, without causing any problems to its owner.
With normal immunity, this flora can peacefully coexist with a person, feeding on the products of secretion of the sebaceous glands. With a violation of the immune defense (disease, hypothermia), microorganisms become parasites and begin to actively multiply, stimulating the sebaceous glands.
Factors that increase the secretion of the sebaceous glands of the head
Not every person is destined to suffer from seborrhea, but only to those who have a number of features, which are described below:
- – перхоть чаще встречается у людей от 30 до 55 лет, у женщин встречается намного реже, а у ребенка практически не встречается; Age should be put in the first place - dandruff is more common in people between 30 and 55 years old, in women it is much less common, and it is almost never seen in children;
- , что, имоверно, связано с гормональным фоном – известно, что увеличение в крови уровня мужских половых гормонов (андрогенов) приводит к появлению перхоти, к тому же особенностью лиц именно мужского пола является большее количество сальных желез, чем у женского; seborrhea of the scalp affects mainly men , which, probably, is related to the hormonal background - it is known that an increase in the blood level of male sex hormones (androgens) leads to dandruff, and moreover the sebaceous glands are a peculiarity of the male in female;
- , что стимулирует увеличение количества грибов рода Malassezia, которые являются условно патогенными и у здорового человека не вызовут никаких проблем; People with oily skin often suffer from seborrhea, which stimulates an increase in the number of Malassezia fungi, which are conditionally pathogenic and will not cause any problems in a healthy person;
- (стресс) также является мощным пусковым фактором развития сухой себореи – уже давно подмечено, что при психоэммоциональных нагрузках появляется (или увеличивается) количество перхоти; nervous stress (stress) is also a powerful trigger for the development of dry seborrhea - it has long been noticed that during psycho-emotional stress, dandruff appears (or increases);
- по уходу за волосами оказывает прямое влияние на возникновение и прогрессирование себореи. Choosing the wrong perfume for hair care has a direct impact on the occurrence and progression of seborrhea.
Above, you saw a list of the main risk factors for seborrheic dermatitis, but there are a number of factors of secondary importance:
- genetic predisposition;
- pathology of the endocrine system;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- immune defense impairment;
- hypo-and avitaminosis;
- unhealthy diet;
- metabolic disorders and chronic diseases.
The experienced doctor-trichologist will be able to determine the cause of seborrheic dermatitis in each individual case.
Clinical manifestations of seborrhea of the head
This pathology has a number of characteristic clinical symptoms, on the basis of which a diagnosis can be easily made. Patients trichologist in this case complain of inflammation of the scalp and peeling, which are accompanied by pruritus.
The most common variant of seborrheic dermatitis is the simultaneous lesion of the scalp, the growth area of the eyebrows, eyelashes, mustache and beard. Dandruff (small white scales) is accompanied by pruritus. If along with the described complaints there are no changes on the skin, then dry seborrhea takes place.
If a person at this stage does not try to fight this disease, the process will progress and affect new areas of the scalp. At the same time signs of inflammation appear, the amount of dandruff increases due to increased peeling of the skin.
In the absence of a struggle with this disease, the disease continues to worsen. On the scalp appear red spots with plaques covered with skin scales (it may already be crusts or bloody crusts). The pathological process moves to the forehead, ear passages, the skin behind the ears, manifested by itching and desquamation.
If at this stage the patient does not try to deal with this ailment, then the pathological areas of peeling will appear on other areas of the skin (back, chest), and a bacterial infection can also join.
To confirm the diagnosis, the trichologist will send the patient to special studies to confirm the fungal cause of the disease.
How to treat seborrheic dermatitis
There are quite a few methods of treatment of seborrhea, among which are traditional, non-traditional and folk. Anyone who suffers from this disease can choose the method that he likes. However, it is worth noting that in advanced cases it is impossible to do with folk remedies alone.
What can trichologist appoint
The main methods resorted to by doctors to combat seborrhea are:
- the appointment of drugs designed to restore the functions of the autonomic nervous system;
- hormone therapy, used only in severe disease;
- treatment of all existing diseases;
- prescription of preparations containing vitamins A, E, B, D, as well as sulfur and zinc;
- the appointment of systemic antimycotics;
- referral to physiotherapy procedures (ozone therapy, cryotherapy, massage, ultraviolet radiation, mesotherapy);
The treatment approach should be individual and complex, taking into account the presence of chronic diseases (endocrine system and organs of the gastrointestinal system) and increased reactivity of the immune system (allergy).
In the first place are the products that directly fight the fungus, that is, shampoos containing tar, zinc and ketoconazole. For therapeutic effect, it should be used twice a week, and after recovery once a week as a prophylaxis.
To combat mild seborrheic dermatitis, it is advisable to use antifungal solutions, creams and ointments 1-2 times a week for a month. At the first, easy stage of the disease, it is possible to cope only with the use of special antifungal hair care products.
For successful struggle with dandruff, besides the use of drugs, you should use a diet. To do this, discard the sweet, flour, potatoes, and include in your diet sour-milk products, fresh vegetables and fruits, lean meats (beef, poultry fillets) and fish.
If everything is more serious
In the more advanced stages of the pathological process of using one shampoo will not be enough, before washing your hair, you must use exfoliants (exfoliating agents) or soften the scales with the help of special oils.
After the end of the first stage of purification comes the turn of an antifungal shampoo with ketoconazole. If such a medical complex does not give the desired effect, you should add hormonal ointment. And in the case of a very neglected process, the trichologist will recommend adding medication.
To do this, you should take antifungal drugs inside for 7 days. Fluconazole at a dosage of 100 mg / day, Ketoconazole - 200 mg / day, Terbinafin - 250 mg / day and the like are suitable for this.
It is advisable to include in the treatment desensitizing agents, vitamin complexes, sedatives, as well as agents normalizing the work of the gastrointestinal tract. However, the main pathogenetic agent is ketoconazole.
Shampoos containing zinc
Shampoos containing zinc (Friderm) occupy an honorable place in the treatment of seborrhea of the head. The use of tar shampoos and exfoliating agents does not give a lasting effect, but only leads to temporary relief, and when a person stops using them, the problem returns.
Good reviews earned shampoo Ketoplus, which is made on the basis of zinc and ketoconazole. It effectively fights seborrheic dermatitis and is unparalleled in the drug market.
Sulfuric ointment for the treatment of dry seborrhea of the head
For the treatment of dry seborrhea of the scalp, 10% sulfur ointment received very good reviews . And use it as follows.
Divide the hair into thin strands, and rub the ointment over the partings for 5 minutes. So do 8 days in a row. On the 9th day they do nothing.
On day 10, the hair is washed with warm boiled water with the addition of therapeutic shampoos saturated with zinc pyrithione, ketoconazole, selenium sulfide or tar.
On day 11, the hair is treated with a solution of boric acid. It is prepared simply by dissolving 2 tsp of boric acid in 150 ml of hot water.
Carefully mixed, the resulting product is rubbed before bedtime into the scalp, wrapping his head with a warm towel, which is not removed until the morning. So do 3 evenings in a row. Then a break is taken and only for 10 days the hair is washed. This treatment cycle can be performed up to 3 times.
How to treat seborrhea at home
, которое снимает воспаление кожи и эффективно борется с грибком. Some fans of old recipes prefer to fight seborrhea with tar soap , which relieves skin inflammation and effectively fights fungus. This method of struggle is preferred mostly by men, since this method is unpleasant for women with long hair, they prefer shampoo.
In addition to ready-made tools to combat dandruff, there are also popular proven recipes. I will cite below some of them.
Treatment of oily seborrhea
- эффективна при жирной себорее. Calendula tincture is effective for oily seborrhea. For its preparation, take 1 of the flowers of calendula and 5 parts of 70 ° alcohol and insist for 20 days. Then prepare a decoction of oak bark, for which they take 1 tbsp. spoon, chopped bark and 600 ml of water, put on the fire and bring to a boil. Then make a small fire and simmer for another 20 minutes, cool and strain. In the broth add 1 tablespoon of infusion and apply for lotions 2 times a day.
- Walnut tincture. 5 tablespoons of finely chopped walnut leaves brewed with 500 ml of boiling water. The tool is filtered and moistened in it a gauze napkin, folded four times. Clean hair is wrapped in this napkin. Cover the head with oilcloth and wrap with a towel on top. In such a “cap” they sit for 20 minutes, after which the hair is rinsed and no longer used shampoo.
- The following mask is applied a day before bedtime. Using a brush, the head over the partings is smeared with propolis . He immediately dries to form a film. In the morning, this film is removed, and the skin is wiped with a cotton swab dipped in vodka or alcohol. The course of treatment includes 30 procedures. After a two-month break, the treatment is repeated as necessary.
Dry seborrhea head - how to treat
- : листья подорожника, крапиву, зверобой, корень лопуха, бессмертник, цветы календулы и кукурузные рыльца. For the treatment of dry seborrhea take collection : plantain leaves, nettle, St. John's wort, burdock root, immortelle, calendula flowers and corn silk. 4 tablespoons of this herb collection pour 2 cups of boiling water and insist for 8 hours. So rinse your hair and wash your face. After the procedure, put on the cap and wrap with polyethylene for 30 minutes. This procedure is carried out 1 time per day.
- Infusion of chamomile and honey. 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers pour 1 liter of water and insist 20 minutes. Filter and cool. In 100 ml of water, put 2 tablespoons of honey and rinse your head after washing. After which you should rinse infusion of chamomile. This procedure is carried out every day.
- Take sea buckthorn and olive oil in a 1: 9 ratio and mix thoroughly. The tool is used twice a week, 10 minutes before washing the head, rubbing it into the skin. Before it is necessary to make hair partings, keeping a distance between them of 3 cm.
We are confident that the information you read here will help to effectively overcome seborrheic dermatitis at any of its stages. Healthy hair and pleasant sensations!