Heart palpitations - the body's response to stress. Such a "rush" that occurs under the influence of hormones passes quickly, without reminding about itself. However, in some cases, tachycardia is a symptom of a serious pathology.
What you will find in this article:
Causes of frequent and severe heartbeat
If the heart rate increased with:
- Physical exertion
- Experienced strong emotions - fear, excitement, fear, delight
- Excessive consumption of coffee, strong tea, energy drinks
- Taking certain medications
- Allergic reactions
- Fever, fever
- Menopause ,
Worry is not worth it. After some time, the pulse will return to normal, this state does not threaten the health and life.
However, there are diseases, one of the symptoms of which, just, is a rapid heartbeat:
- Endocrine system pathologies
- Heart disease
In order to properly diagnose and determine the cause of the ailment, a comprehensive examination should be performed. Particular attention should be paid to their health, if in addition to tachycardias are observed:
- Headache, dizziness
- Weakness, lethargy
- Excessive sweating
- Shivering, chills in the body indicate mental disorders or pathology of the thyroid gland.
- Lack of air
Why does heart rate increase at night?
The reasons for the sharp increase in heart rate in a dream are divided into extracardiac and cardiac. The former include pathologies of the adrenal glands and endocrine disruption, hormone-dependent tumors, lack of sodium ions in the blood, anemia, hypoxia, bronchial asthma, vegetative-vascular dystonia, overweight, allergy, pneumothorax, side effect of medication, withdrawal syndrome after alcohol.
In the morning after sleep, a person feels anxiety, fear, panic, and lack of air. Awakening - a sharp, as if from an internal shock.
The cause of morning tachycardia can be a sharp physical activity, a large load on the body. In the presence of cardiovascular diseases, a strong heartbeat can lead to myocardial infarction.
People with "heart" problems should start the morning with breathing exercises, get out of bed not immediately after waking up, but allow the body to engage in daily rhythm.
What to do with a heartbeat at home?
First of all, a person who has a strong heartbeat, should take a comfortable posture - sitting, reclining, be sure to raise his head, leaning back.
If the heart rate has increased as a result of physical exertion or strong emotions, you should try to calm down. It will help deep measured breathing, auto-training.
In cases where tachycardia is combined with a sharp blanching of the skin, a feeling of suffocation, sweating, you need to call an ambulance.
And before her arrival:
- Provide air access (open the window, take the victim to the street in the shade);
- Undo the top buttons on the clothes, so as not to hamper the chest;
- Medications - Corvalol, Valocordin, Valerian tincture, motherwort will help relieve anxiety and stop an attack.
How to avoid heart palpitations
To avoid a heartbeat even in physiologically normal situations, you should pay attention to your health:
- Observe the daily regimen, sleep must be given at least eight hours, with it, should fall asleep at 22 hours;
- To give up bad habits - alcohol, cigarettes;
- Lead an active lifestyle (walking, moderate exercise);
- Monitor body weight;
- Eat right and balanced, provide the body with vitamins and minerals in the right amount;
- Avoid stressful situations
If any warning signs arise, you should be examined, including:
- Complete blood count, giving an idea of the number of leukocytes in the blood and the level of the red pigment - hemoglobin;
- Thyroid hormone analysis;
- Biochemical analysis of blood (blood content of potassium and magnesium ions);
- Chest x-ray;
- Holter (ECG recording during the day);
- Ultrasound of the heart and blood vessels;
- Electrophysiological examination of the heart
In addition to consulting a therapist, a cardiologist, you may need the help of a rheumatologist, endocrinologist, and a neurologist.
Heart palpitations and high blood pressure
Attacks of frequent heartbeat may be accompanied by an increase in blood pressure. In order to alleviate the condition, you need:
- Take a comfortable position, relax;
- Drink a glass of cool water in small sips;
- Wash your face with cold water, put a cool compress on your forehead;
- Breathing should be slow and deep;
- Patients with established hypertension should take the usual medication for high blood pressure, in the absence of a diagnosis will help to remove the attack captopril tablet (under the tongue);
- If tachycardia and pressure jump are triggered by stress, you need to calm down. Breathing exercises, aromatherapy, pleasant calm music will help.
Prevention of heart palpitations
In cases where an increase in heart rate is associated with a particular situation, the repetition of such situations should be avoided.
When tachycardia occurs after eating, you need to change the style of nutrition - go to fractional portions, eat slowly, chew food thoroughly, and follow a special diet. It limits fat intake, but recommends increasing the amount of foods rich in magnesium, iron and potassium. Recommended: honey, raisins, apricots (dried apricots), grapes, cherries, pineapples, black chokeberry, nuts (almonds), dates, peaches, bananas, grapefruits, figs, prunes, black currants, celery, parsley.
Tea and coffee should be replaced with broth hips; juices, compotes, jelly from lingonberries, viburnum. Vegetables are preferred raw (salads) and baked. Useful bran bread, cereal with milk, dairy products, vegetarian soups, lean fish and meat, vegetable oils.
Limit spices, seasonings, fatty, salty, smoked food, exclude baking, baking, sweets.
Slow walks are useful; when walking, breathing should be deep and even. Exercise, stress, anxiety should be avoided. If possible, pay attention to breathing practices, yoga, meditation.
Strengthens the heart muscle swimming. Recommended soothing baths, acupressure.
Possible complications of tachycardia
A strong heartbeat may signal an approaching:
- Pulmonary edema;
- Myocardial infarction, acute heart failure;
- Pulmonary artery thrombosis;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Sudden death
Feeling an increase in heartbeat, be sure to pay attention to the presence / absence of symptoms:
- Duration of a heart attack;
- Time of appearance (time of day, reason);
- The appearance / absence of arrhythmia;
- Shortness of breath, pallor, hypoxia;
- Pulse rate and blood pressure numbers
Treatment of tachycardia folk methods
Alternative medicine knows how to calm a raging heart.
- According to the principle “all diseases from nerves”, first of all, soothing teas and infusions are recommended, which include mint, lemon balm, chamomile, hawthorn, valerian, motherwort;
- Infusion of hawthorn is prepared as follows: 1 tbsp. l dried flowers pour 0.2 liters of boiling water for 20 minutes. Strain and take on ½ tbsp. three times a day on an empty stomach;
- Wash 10 medium lemons and roll through the meat grinder with the zest. Grind 10 heads of garlic. Mix the ingredients with 1 l of honey and infuse for 7-10 days. Take in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast, 2 tbsp. l .;
- 1 tsp l Adonis dried herb pour 0.2 l of boiling water, simmer for 3-5 minutes, wrap and infuse for 30 minutes. Take the infusion three times a day and 1 tbsp. l .;
- Grind 100 g of lemon balm, pour 0.2 l of vodka. Stand for 10 days, strain. Take 4 times a day, 1 tsp. tinctures dissolved in 50 ml of water;
- Mix mint grass and hop cones (1: 1 ratio), 1 tsp. mixture pour 0.2 liters of boiling water, insist 10 minutes. The drug is filtered and drunk at once in small sips;
- When tachycardia is useful jam from honeysuckle (with a minimum amount of sugar);
- 2 tbsp. l chopped elder bark pour 1 liter of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 10 minutes, strain, take ½ tbsp. twice a day, before meals;
- Every night before bedtime mix 3 chopped walnut kernels with 1 tbsp. l honey The course of treatment is 6 weeks;
- On a fine grater, grate a medium green apple and a bulb of the same size. Divide the mixture into 2 parts and eat in two doses - in the morning and in the evening. For taste, you can add 1 tsp. honey;
- 1 tbsp. l grass horsetail pour 0.2 liters of boiling water, insist 3 hours. Strained infusion take 1 tbsp. l 5-6 times a day. The drug is especially effective in the initial stages of the disease.
A strong heartbeat can be triggered by excessive physical or mental stress, resulting from being in a stuffy room, as a reaction to allergens or drugs.
However, knowing what diseases can accompany an increase in the heart rate, in case of alarming symptoms, you should consult a doctor. He will conduct an examination, prescribe medications, explain what to take, in what dosage and for how long.