To cleanse the body, rid it of toxins and slags, lose weight is not enough: you need to adjust the metabolism, restore the reserves of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, amino acids. You can buy in the pharmacy vitamin-mineral complexes, and you can give preference to a natural product. The topic of our conversation: spirulina- beneficial properties and contraindications.
What you will find in this article:
What is spirulina
Among medicinal plants, a tiny blue-green alga, artrospira, occupies an honorable place. Cyanobacteria of this type are cultivated worldwide and are sold as a food additive called "Spirulina".
The product is used in animal husbandry and fish farming, it is shown for human consumption as an independent product and in combination with other dishes. There are several forms of release dietary supplements:
In their natural habitat, cyanobacteria live in tropical and subtropical waters, preferring lakes with high alkalinity and carbonate concentrations. These lakes are rich in Africa, America, Asia.
The optimum temperature for life is 50-60 0 С, upon the occurrence of unfavorable conditions (drought), dehydrated cells are able to preserve useful proteins, amino acids, enzymes, which allows it to be processed without loss of value.
Spirulina is cultivated in many countries, for its dilution it is necessary to respect the temperature, light and high pH of the water.
Useful Spirulina Ingredients
- If the algae is dried, then the resulting mass will consist of more than half of the protein containing all the necessary amino acids. She has no vegetable analogues in this respect.
- Lipids are represented by fatty acids (about 10% by weight).
- Vitamins: thiamine (B 1 ), riboflavin (B 2 ), nicotinamide (B 3 ), pyridoxine (B 6 ), folic acid (B 9 ), vitamins A, C, D, E.
- Micro and macronutrients: potassium, sodium, calcium, chromium, selenium, iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, manganese.
- Pigments: beta-carotene, chlorophyll A, xanthophyll, phycocyanin, phycoerythrin.
In the course of various clinical studies, a conclusion was made about the safety of spirulina and recommendations were given on its introduction into the diet in case of protein deficiency.
The unique composition determines the use of spirulina and its application:
- It binds and removes toxins, slags, waste products, salts of heavy metals;
- It has an antitumor effect, slows the growth of malignant cells, prevents their formation;
- Increases hemoglobin levels in anemia, other diseases, pregnancy;
- Algae helps reduce and stabilize weight;
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Promotes healing of fractures, wounds, postoperative tissues;
- Heals the liver cells, normalizes the flow of bile and restores protective mechanisms;
- Clears the intestines, normalizes the microflora;
- Normalizes blood pressure, cleans blood vessels, strengthens the vascular wall;
- Appointed as part of complex therapy for the treatment of diseases of the organs of vision (cataract, glaucoma, myopia, retinal lesions);
- Normalizes blood glucose levels in diabetes mellitus;
- It is actively used in cosmetology for skin and hair. Prevents aging, used to treat skin diseases
Spirulina for weight loss
For the benefit of losing weight, spirulina is used as a dietary supplement for flat cakes, small loaves, and flakes. The composition of spirulina contains amino acid phenylalanine, which is capable of elevating mood and reducing appetite.
Foods containing spirulina have high nutritional value, quickly satisfy hunger, create satiety, thus reducing the amount of food eaten.
In the composition of the diet drug is able to replace a full meal. Additional volume creates water, which you need to drink pills or capsules. Alga stimulates metabolic processes, cleanses the intestines,
It is important to understand that spirulina can not be called a fat-burning drug and wait for the reception of instant results. But as part of an integrated approach, along with proper nutrition and physical exertion, the effect will occur earlier, and at the same time it is possible to achieve improvement in overall health and well-being.
How to take spirulina tablets
The duration of treatment is from one to three months. The instruction recommends taking the tablets before meals, on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of non-carbonated water.
For children and people who do not tolerate the specific smell of the drug, doctors advise buying medicine in capsules. The dosage varies depending on the task. The average prophylactic dose in children is 1 g / day, for children over 14 years old and adults - 3 g / day. In each case, with the presence of disease, the doctor adjusts the dose.
The recommendations of doctors for women who do not have contraindications are unambiguous: spirulina is useful during pregnancy. It allows you to compensate for iron deficiency and prevent anemia. Replenishes the reserves of calcium and amino acids necessary for the formation of the placenta. It nourishes the body with useful substances, vitamins, microelements. Keeps beauty and health of skin, hair, nails.
In the early stages, drugs with spirulina help to overcome toxicosis and morning sickness.
Tatyana Shpakova, 26 years old, Chernigov
Spirulina was taken with her husband at the planning stage of pregnancy, for about a month. After seeing the 2 strips on the test, I decided to consult with the doctor: she approved my choice, slightly adjusting the dose. Hemoglobin all pregnancy is normal, about toxicosis did not even hear, a healthy boy was born.
Yunna Kravets, 28 years old, Lipetsk
Pregnancy started hard: twins, low hemoglobin, low pressure, eerie toxicosis. She spent the first months in the hospital on conservation, she could not even walk. Then he was prescribed spirulina in combination with other drugs - it relieved significantly. Reached up to 36 weeks, gave birth, were discharged home for 7 days. The gynecologist at the polyclinic was skeptical of Spirulina, saying that the time had come, the first trimester had passed, and that made it easier. But I still associate improvement with the drug. I want to drink the course even for the normalization of weight, for pregnancy I gained almost 25 kilos, now I need to get back into shape.
Spirulina in cosmetology
Antioxidant properties of substances that make up the blue-green algae, allow them to be used in cosmetology. Gamma-linolenic acid promotes cell regeneration, the restoration of intercellular membranes. Spirulina-chlorella complex is used to eliminate skin problems and treat diseases.
Spirulina-based face cream will help:
- Reduce wrinkles and creases;
- Restore the skin of the face and return it to youth;
- Make skin look healthy
However, to replace an expensive cosmetic product at home will allow masks made with his own hands.
Spirulina facial masks at home
The recipe for the simplest face mask is mixed in equal proportions spirulina powder and warm water. Gruel is applied to the face and left for 20 minutes. Wash off with water, smear the face with moisturizer.
- Anti-aging mask. Gently cleanses, tones and revitalizes the skin of the face. Grind oatmeal (or take oatmeal), 1 tbsp. l mix with the same amount of sour cream, 1 tbsp. l algae, add ½ tsp. olive (almond, peach, pomegranate) oil. Mix well, apply to cleansed face for 30 minutes, avoiding the eye area. Rinse with warm water, apply cream.
- For mature skin. 1 tbsp. l spirulina powder mix with half a ripe banana, 1 tsp. sour cream or yogurt and ½ tsp. cosmetic oil. Apply the mask on the face, neck and décolleté for 20 minutes. The procedure is repeated 2 times a week. The mask prevents the appearance of wrinkles, smoothes, heals the skin, has a slight whitening effect.
- Moisturizing mask. 1 tbsp. l algae mix with 1 tsp. aloe pulp and ½ tsp jojoba oil Apply to skin for 15-20 minutes.
- 2 tsp. gelatin pour 50 ml of warm water and leave for 30 minutes to swell. Heat the gelatin in a water bath until completely dissolved. To 4 tablets of spirulina add boiled warm water (2 tbsp. L.), 0.5 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice and 2 drops of vitamin A, mix with gelatin, apply on face (control the temperature of the mask so as not to burn yourself!) for 15 minutes. The area around the eyes does not affect.
- From the black dots will help a mixture of spirulina or kelp with milk. It is applied to problem areas for 10-15 minutes, washed off with warm water.
To make the hair thick and shiny, it is recommended to make a mask with spirulina once a week:
- 1 tbsp. l Algae powder mixed with three mashed egg yolks, add 50 g of dark beer, 50 g of lemon juice and 150 ml of coconut oil. The mixture is applied to dry hair, rubbing into the scalp with massaging movements and distributing the mass over the entire length. The duration of the procedure is 20-30 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water and shampoo.
Contraindications and side effects
For the attention of the people taking supplements, spirulina has contraindications. They need to be considered before you start drinking the drug, so as not to harm the body by side effects:
- Allergic reactions to seafood and iodine. Individual intolerance to the drug.
- Pheniketonuria is an exchange disorder associated with the amino acid phenylalanine, which is rich in spirulina cells.
- Autoimmune diseases. Spirulina reduces the effectiveness of certain drugs used in therapy and is contraindicated in rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis.
- In pregnancy and pediatrics, the doctor should prescribe and take the drug.
At the reception can be observed:
- Impaired stool
- Skin rashes
- Overexcitation or braking
Preparations of a similar purpose are offered by various manufacturers:
- Spirulina VAL
- Spirulina Tiens (Chinese food supplement)
- Spirulina 750 mg from "Solgar"
Where can one buy?
Dietary supplements are sold in a pharmacy or online stores, without a prescription. Spirulina products can be purchased at stores that specialize in healthy nutrition.
How much is?
The price depends on the manufacturer, dosage and additional components that make up the drug.
Spirulina is a natural source of vitamins and minerals, but you need to take it properly, with the permission of a doctor.