It is no secret that the organs and systems in the human body are closely interrelated. Eastern practitioners have long used effects on the biologically active points on the feet of the legs to normalize body functions and restore health without medication and operations.
What you will find in this article:
The projection of the internal organs on the foot
Before clarifying what these or other active points located on the feet are responsible for, you need to understand a few rules:
- The organs and their projection correspond to each other, the organs located on the right side of the body are connected with points on the right foot, and vice versa, the left side of the body is connected with the left foot;
- Walking barefoot has a positive effect on most points, helps to accelerate metabolic processes, improves well-being;
- Massage can be performed independently, but for this you need to familiarize yourself with the technique of its implementation;
Working with active points on the feet has its contraindications, which also need to be aware of.
Location of health points
- The nail (upper) phalanxes of the toes, with the exception of the thumb, are responsible for the maxillaries and frontal sinuses.
- Hypothermia of this zone leads to colds, runny nose, swelling and inflammation of the sinuses;
- At the junction of the foot and the second and third fingers, on the folds, are the active points associated with the organs of vision.
- Manual therapists claim that walking barefoot, activates these points and improves vision, normalizes intraocular pressure;
- The cavity of the inner ear, nasopharynx, and respiratory organs are connected with the lateral surface and the forefoot;
- Under the thumb is the point associated with the trachea. Massaging the foot in this place will help soften and soothe the cough;
- The point responsible for the work of the heart is located on the left foot on the front of the longitudinal arch. Pain and discomfort leading to mild lameness on the left leg serve as a signal of an impending heart attack;
- The active points responsible for the organs of the digestive and urinary systems are located in the depth of the transverse arch of the foot. On the right foot, near the point of the liver and gallbladder;
- In women, the points responsible for the health of the sexual sphere are in the center of the foot on the corresponding side;
- Areas of the sciatic nerve and bone apparatus are located on the heel. Nearby is the point that "regulates" the health of the thigh and lower leg. But the area of the sacral spine has an elongated shape and runs along the entire inner edge of the foot;
- Under the little finger in place of the fold is a point associated with the ears.
Massage rules: do-it-yourself health
- Foot massage takes about half an hour, the optimal time for it - the evening before bedtime;
- Before proceeding to massage movements, you need to warm up the foot:
walking barefoot activates active points, you can go up several times to the toes, walk on the inside and outside of the feet alternately;
- After the warm-up you need to make a warm foot bath. You can add decoctions of herbs (chamomile, calendula), a few drops of lavender essential oil, eucalyptus, almond, fir, mandarin;
- Hands should be warm, you can perform several exercises, rub your hands, squeeze, unclench fists. Lubricate the palms with a fat massage cream;
For self-massage is important to choose a comfortable posture:
- in a sitting position, put one foot on the second hip;
- in a sitting position, the massaged foot rests on the chair;
- in a prone position, the massaged leg is bent and raised
- Massage is done from the fingers to the heel, with both hands (fingers, knuckles, fists);
- The fingers are massaged alternately, with soft kneading movements;
- The area of the ankle and ankle knead in circular motions;
- The complex effect combines rubbing, intermittent touch, tingling, stroking, light slaps;
- Massage of soles - deep, without sudden movements, not causing discomfort and pain. Discomfort in any area indicates problems with the relevant authority, which needs special attention;
- Points that respond to massage movements with pain are worked out separately, alternating between pressure and rest. Work on each point should be carried out for at least a minute, optimally, if the pain disappears as a result of the massage;
- In free time during the day and immediately after the end of the foot massage, walking is useful on the spot on a massage mat, on the surface of which there are bumps, protrusions, spikes. Thus various biologically active points are activated.
Watch a short video that shows how to find 7 points, massage which will bring you back to life
What do the feet say
- If in normal condition the feet are cold and wet, you need to pay attention to the state of the stomach, intestines, health of the endocrine system (thyroid gland);
- Cold, dry skin of the feet - a signal of irregularities in the cardiovascular and central nervous systems;
- Wet hot skin of the feet speaks of a pulmonary infection and inflammation in the body;
- With increased acidity of the stomach, peptic ulcer, increased levels of thyroid hormones (goiter), the skin on the feet is dry and hot;
- If the temperature of the feet is different - you need to pay attention to the heart.
The Chinese have long used not only massage, but also stimulation with the help of acupuncture needles to influence the active points of the feet.
The procedure should be carried out by a specialist, a person who is educated and who owns the technique. The patient does not feel pain and discomfort during the session. Already after several procedures, significant relief occurs.
Acupuncture has no age limit and is actively used, including in pediatrics.
With caution apply acupressure feet should be in the presence of contraindications and restrictions:
- Joint diseases;
- Endocrine disorders, diabetes;
- Varicose veins;
- Oncological diseases
Before applying acupressure, you should consult with a specialist, if possible - learn from a chiropractor, so as not to harm unskillful illiterate actions.