The paste is intended for cleaning teeth and gum treatment. Consists entirely of natural ingredients. Suitable for children, you can swallow without fear for health. It has a pronounced smell of propolis and cloves, pleasant to the taste.
Do-it-yourself toothpaste is not at all abrasive, made on the basis of pure chalk. It does not contain soda, which many manufacturers add to the paste. Soda damages the enamel of the teeth, although it is a whitening component. Does not contain fluoride and lauryl sulfate - even that filth ...
What you will find in this article:
What do we need to make pasta
- The basis is calcium carbonate (pure chalk).
- Propolis solution. Medical tests have shown that propolis reduces the amount of enzymes that help bacteria “stick” to the surface of the tooth by 70%. Scientists have discovered in propolis almost one hundred components and two substances that protect the teeth. Propolis is part of the best therapeutic agents for the treatment of gum disease.
- Resin cedar and cedar oil. They have anti-inflammatory and therapeutic effects on the gums. Turpentine has absorbable, healing and antiseptic properties. Scientists have proven that cedar resin has antitumor activity. Strengthens the gums.
- Tincture cloves. It has a strong healing effect. (used in dental offices when putting "medicine").
- Honey. It enhances the absorbability of nutrients, gives a weak sweet taste (instead of glycerin, which is used in industrial toothpastes). If the teeth are damaged, does not cause pain from falling due to the small amount.
- Natural essential oil of anise and mint.
The composition can be varied - add something, and remove something.
The proportions are approximately as follows: 50 grams of chalk + 1 tsp each of cedar oil and sap solution, 1 tbsp of propolis tincture and clove. If there is no component, you can do without it.
When cooking, everyone will have their own recipe, their own taste and their own texture (but it is better, of course, to make pasta with pasta).
Use as a toothpaste paste
The resulting paste-balm can be easily “scooped up” with a wet brush (if you made it thick enough). You determine the amount you need over time.
Attention! Such paste DOES NOT foaming! Foaming agents that are part of industrial pastes harm the teeth. To clean the teeth do not need foam.
Cleaning occurs at the expense of chalk, which is part of the paste and your toothbrush, the remaining substances heal, have a healing effect.
On the surface of the paste can form a liquid fraction - a solution of cloves, feel free to use it as a balm for the gums.
What essential oils can still be added to homemade toothpastes:
- Sage essential oil - very useful for bleeding gums, periodontitis, has astringent properties;
- Clove essential oil - acts antiseptic, soothes toothache;
- Thyme Essential Oil - has antibacterial properties;
- Rosemary essential oil - perfectly improves blood circulation;
- Tea tree essential oil - has high anti-inflammatory properties, perfectly disinfects the oral cavity, it is recommended caries and for inflammation of the gums.
- Peppermint Essential Oil - perfectly refreshes breath and oral cavity, eliminates pain and inflammation during stomatitis, caries, gum inflammation.